Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Anyone heading back from Aspen to DEN Saturday afternoon?

Arrange group travel to/from the peaks.

Anyone heading back from Aspen to DEN Saturday afternoon?

Postby mandm15 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello, I am thinking of heading up to Maroon Lake trailhead to hike either Pyramid or South Maroon this Sat Sept 8th. I can get a ride up to Aspen Friday afternoon, but need a ride back to DEN metro after the hike, around 3-5PM Saturday afternoon. Also, I have one other partner who is coming from CS but would love some additional company if interested in hiking one of these 2 peaks this Saturday. Please let me know on eitherr/both; be happy to pay for all gas on the way back....Thanks...Mike

Re: Anyone heading back from Aspen to DEN Saturday afternoon

Postby peter303 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:00 pm

There is public transportation, but its a kludge.
Moroon Bells bus to Hwy 82.
Roaring Fork bus to Glenwood.
http://www.rfta.com/valley.html
Greyhound or Amtrack to Denver.

Postby mandm15 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks Peter, that is good info and I already checked into those options. Unfortunately, last bus/train on Sat afternoon leaves too early out of GSprings (2:30PM) so won't work for this weekend as hike won't be done until 1:30-2 at the trailhead at the earliest.

Postby Mike Cormier » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm planning to try North Maroon on Saturday morning (truck camping in the parking lot Friday night) Depending on how it goes, I'll be heading back to Denver sometime Saturday afternoon. Are you looking for transportation for 1 or 2? I have a Ford Ranger.

Postby mandm15 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:55 pm

MCormier, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. It would just be me (one person, other hiker is coming from CS area), and planning on hiking either South Maroon or Pyramid Saturday (you are more than welcome to join us), should be done by 3PM or so. If this works out on your end, dropping me in DT Denver or anywhere along the lightrail line would be great (I live in Highlands Ranch). Of couse I would cover all gas, not a problem at all. Let me know if that might work...Thanks..Mike

Postby Mike Cormier » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:35 pm

That sounds like it would work for me. The only reason I ask about 1 vs. 2 passengers is the size of my vehicle. The Ranger can take the driver +1, comfortably. Thanks for the offer to hike with you , but I've got my sites set on N. Maroon. I think the timing will work out well, though. We should finish within an hour or so of each other is my guess. Why don't you give me a call at 303-994-4006 to coordinate further.

Mike