Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Thanksgiving hike tag along

Arrange group travel to/from the peaks.

Thanksgiving hike tag along

Postby thefirststraw » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Im not going home for thanksgiving and can't think of a better way to spend my day than in the mountains. Where are you going? You can see from my profile that I have done most of the close ones. Of coursei will help with gas. And don't worryi can hold my own

Re: Thanksgiving hike tag along

Postby EmmaM » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:24 am

I agree. No better way to spend the Holiday. I'm "going" rather than "staying," so I'm looking to get up in the high country. Keep me posted on your plans.

Postby DaveSwink » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:32 am

[quote="thefirststraw"]Im not going home for thanksgiving and can't think of a better way to spend my day than in the mountains. Where are you going? [/quote]

My family is flying to visit more family so I am at loose ends on Thanksgiving. Are you proposing a hike for the 24th? If so, Antero? Pikes? Where are you coming from?

The only near-to-Denver peak that both of you have not climbed seems to be Evans?

Postby EmmaM » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:55 am

Personally, I'm not limited to proximity to Denver, repeats, nor solely 14ers. I just want to get out. :D

I'm wanting to get out the 24th-26th, and I'm coming from Loveland.

Postby primary332 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:36 am

I was considering climbing/skiing Belford/oxford this weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have a very snow friendly car. I also need someone to go with...seems as if everyone is leaving for Thanksgiving. I'm in Boulder, If anyone is interested, let me know.

Paul

Postby tmathews » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:22 am

thefirststraw wrote:Im not going home for thanksgiving and can't think of a better way to spend my day than in the mountains. Where are you going? You can see from my profile that I have done most of the close ones. Of coursei will help with gas. And don't worryi can hold my own

The past couple of Thanksgivings I've hiked up a bunch of food to Neal and Teresa at Barr Camp and hung out with them for a few hours. I know it's not a peak, but you're welcome to join me if you want. I'll probably leave the TH around 5:00. PM me if you're interested.

Postby primary332 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:42 am

Iman86 I might be interested, I don't have to ski. I've done Blanca/Bear/Ellingwood, none of the Sawatch

Paul