Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

sangres

Arrange group travel to/from the peaks.

Re: sangres

Postby gonzalj » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:30 pm

I was hoping to attempt Lindsey via the standard route the weekend of 16th to the 18th if you're interested?

Postby ningymar » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:13 pm

Me and a friend will be climbing multiple peaks from the 8th -13th. What kind of hikes were you thinking?

Postby gonzalj » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Can any of you compare how the lindsey standard gully compares to the gullies on the standard sneffels route?

Postby doggler » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:17 pm

gonzalj wrote:Can any of you compare how the lindsey standard gully compares to the gullies on the standard sneffels route?

More rock. Less dirt. Not as miserable but still loose and slightly unpleasant.

Postby asbochav » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:42 pm

mickster wrote:can you reccomend [sic] any good 1person/2person lightweight reasonable rate tents? 150-250.00? thanks!

I'd look at the REI quarter dome series. I have the T1 which is pretty snug but my choice for solo trips, and the T2. Pretty happy with them both [for 3 season camping but they've stood up well in moderate snowfall]. Well within your price range.
Eppur si muove
Clapton is God

Postby gonzalj » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:57 pm

My plan is probably to drive down there on Saturday the 17th camp and hike lindsey Sunday morning. I do have some experience in hiking 14ers and a rsnge of easy to moderately difficult ones that I have done, so let me know if you're comfortable attempting lindsey. I have a good feeling what it will be like, but just do your research as it will definitely be challenging.

Postby gonzalj » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:15 pm

mickster wrote:
gonzalj wrote:My plan is probably to drive down there on Saturday the 17th camp and hike lindsey Sunday morning. I do have some experience in hiking 14ers and a rsnge of easy to moderately difficult ones that I have done, so let me know if you're comfortable attempting lindsey. I have a good feeling what it will be like, but just do your research as it will definitely be challenging.

THANKS! WILL LET YOU KNOW!? AM STILL LOOKING FOR A LIGHTWEIGT TENT!(ANY HELP ON LIGHTWEIGHT 1P/2P TENTS)? SO BACK TO CAMP SUNDAY NITE!? HOW MANY PERSON HIKE!? THANKS!

In terms of tents, I have this one and absolutely love it. It's a 2 person tent and definitely very light weight:

http://www.rei.com/product/787394/rei-quarter-dome-t2-plus-tent