Talusmonkey June Birthday / Memorial Hike

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Post by USAKeller »

Thank you, Jamie.
jamienellis wrote:Your Captain Morgan summit drinking skills were impressive too! :wink:
Not so sure about that- especially having it come right back up out of my mouth! It was a heinous taste it left in my mouth!

I hope everyone had a nice time. :D
guitmo223
14ers: 25 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by guitmo223 »

I had a great time, despite the one hour of sleep I got that night. It meant a lot paying respects to David, and it was really nice meeting those of you I hadn't yet come across.

Thanks Jamie!
"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred it be postponed" - Sir Winston Churchill
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Re: THANK YOU & overview

Post by Matt »

jamienellis wrote: *a special shout-out to Mr. Sketchy McSketcherson
Sketchy, if you're out there (and you kind of claimed you sort of are), you and your dog Bear have a good one.

This was a fantastic day for the community.
Thanks for coming, everyone.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
stevevets689
14ers: 55  5  1 
13ers: 53 2
Trip Reports (43)

Post by stevevets689 »

It was great, everyone. I was so glad to be there. I will be writing a trip report over the next couple days, and it would be great to have photos from everyone, so make sure to send them to webmaster@talusmonkey.com (is that right, COdave?) I'm sure I'll see some of you again soon.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience.
CODave
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 61 1
Trip Reports (31)

Post by CODave »

stevevets689 wrote:It was great, everyone. I was so glad to be there. I will be writing a trip report over the next couple days, and it would be great to have photos from everyone, so make sure to send them to webmaster@talusmonkey.com (is that right, COdave?) I'm sure I'll see some of you again soon.
Yep, I'm going to try and compile all or most of the photos ane put them up on a page on talusmonkey.com. If anyone has a lot of photos to send, PM me and I can give you an easier way to send instead of email.
roozers42
14ers: 49 
13ers: 53
Trip Reports (20)

Post by roozers42 »

A wonderful time...

It was so nice to meet everyone and pay a tribute to David. I feel as though I made some great friends and hiking companions.

Jen
Marmot Picture taken by David Worthington, 7/3/06
cbauer10
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cbauer10 »

All,

Sorry that axle and I were not able to climb with you on Sunday. Saturday was a picture perfect day to climb though. The weather was great for our entire climb. CODave, Scott Patterson, and Kessler Patterson, it was good to see you on our way out.

It was a little scary when as we summited the Flight-for-Life helicopter circled the valley below us. We were very concerned that something might have happened. But on our way down, we ran into a park ranger and he told us it was just a training mission. We were quite relieved.

Anyways, I hope that you guys had as good of a time as we did. It was a great climb!!! :D
Rockymtnhigh69
14ers: 31 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Rockymtnhigh69 »

It was a great climb and it felt really good that we all climbed Humboldt together to celebrate TM's birthday and his life.. You all are fantastic people and Caroline you are such a stong, amazing person.. I am so happy I met you all. So many great people and conversations.. Thank you all for putting up with my behemoth labrador "Jeter" He was very happy to be there with you all too..

Thank you to Skaasgard and Skdeil for helping spot this "yuppie" up and down south colony lake so that I would not damage my pretty truck.. That road is just downright evil. :twisted:

I hope to see you and climb with you all again.. You all are a great bunch of people and I left yesterday feeling like I made a bunch of new friends.
On my first take-off, I hit second gear and went through the speed limit on a two-lane blacktop highway full of ranch traffic. By the time I went up to third, I was going 75 and the tach was barely above 4000 rpm....
And that's when the Ducati got its second wind. From 4000 to 6000 in third will take you from 75 mph to 95 in two seconds - and after that, Bubba, you still have fourth, fifth, and sixth. Ho, ho.

~Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

(VT)
cbauer10
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cbauer10 »

Rockymtnhigh69 wrote:Thank you all for putting up with my behemoth labrador "Jeter" He was very happy to be there with you all too.
My Husky Denali would have love to meet Jeter. She grew up next door to a Lab and to this day has a thing for Labs. It is really funny. I feel like we really missed out having to climb on Saturday instead. :(
Merlin6803
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Merlin6803 »

Rockymtnhigh69 wrote:That road is just downright evil. :twisted:
You can say that again!! I hope you got out alright, it took us over an hour to get to the section of the road that wasn't designed by lucifer himself. But my truck survived and I'm here at work!!!! Skasgaard, thanks so much for your "guidance" up that f#$&in road, you were a huge help!!

It was a great time, and it was so cool meeting all of you, you are all great people. Like I said probably 100+ times, it's so cool meeting people that you feel you already know, you all rock!! :YY I would love to hike with any of you anytime!!!
Last edited by Merlin6803 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
goatgirl
14ers: 20 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by goatgirl »

It was great!! It was so good to meet a lot of the folks I "see" on here. Caroline, it was great to finally meet you and I second what many have said about your poise and bravery. Not to get too metaphysical but, the weather was so fantastic I felt like we were almost being taken care of, you know? It actually makes me happy to think that David was looking out for us all. He was a very special person.

Thanks again, all!
Jag trivs bäst i öppna landskap... Ulf Lundell
Mountainman18
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mountainman18 »

Not sure if one is in the works, but could someone post a trip report? Thanks!