Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

TalusMonkey.com

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.

Postby Inky6900 » Fri May 18, 2007 5:32 pm

It would be cool to see something permanent, recognizing him on this site since he was such an influence to all of us. I don't know if that's possible for Bill to do but just a thought.
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

Postby CODave » Fri May 18, 2007 7:41 pm

Inky6900 wrote:It would be cool to see something permanent, recognizing him on this site since he was such an influence to all of us. I don't know if that's possible for Bill to do but just a thought.

Bill, isn't the TalusMonkey memorial page permanent?

Inky, that is separate from TalusMonkey.com

Postby USAKeller » Sat May 19, 2007 1:13 am

Dave,
I do believe somewhere Bill sent me an email saying that his memorial page will be permanent on this site.
Last edited by USAKeller on Fri May 25, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat May 19, 2007 6:50 am

Yes, I planned on having the memorial page be permanent on 14ers.com.
But if CODave replicates the same info, there's no reason why I can't just link to TalusMonkey.com from the memorial icon on the 14ers.com home page. That's up to CODave.

We could have both, too! If CODave wants TalusMonkey.com to be separate, no problem, I could just add it as a link on the current 14ers.com memorial page.

Caroline, what would you like to see?
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby CODave » Sat May 19, 2007 8:36 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Yes, I planned on having the memorial page be permanent on 14ers.com.
But if CODave replicates the same info, there's no reason why I can't just link to TalusMonkey.com from the memorial icon on the 14ers.com home page. That's up to CODave.

We could have both, too! If CODave wants TalusMonkey.com to be separate, no problem, I could just add it as a link on the current 14ers.com memorial page.

It doesn't matter to me. I think we can wait and see how TalusMonkey.com evolves.

Postby USAKeller » Sat May 19, 2007 5:47 pm

Bill,
I would like the page you created on 14ers.com to stay- you've done a great job and I think it should because David considered this site to be his 'foundation' of his friends. And, I know it will mean a ton to David having his own memorial page on this site!

I do think that we also should see how talusmonkey.com evolves, and it's something he would be so proud to have... it's nice to have a guestbook there and a tribute in general.
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby CRSpeedy » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:09 am

While I was one of the unfortunate members that never had the pleasure of meeting David, after reading hundreds of posts and dozens of trip reports, I feel like I have grown to know the TalusMonkey. No, I never had the opportunity to shake his hand or stand alongside him on a summit, but I did have the opportunity to learn about his legacy thanks to this website. To tell you the truth, reading his trip reports made my cheeks ache from smiling so much :D It sounds like that's just the type of guy he was, though--the type that could turn your day around with a simple comment or joke.

I'm very thankful to have found this website and even more thankful to have had the opportunity to learn about the famous TalusMonkey. I hope that thousands more will have that same opportunity thanks to 14ers.com and TalusMonkey.com.

By the way, here is a banner that I came up with tonight...

There's no obligation to use it, of course--I just wanted to try to help out in some way. I know it isn't the most spectacular, but I thought it might look nice on a black background somewhere. Thank you for taking the time and money to setup TalusMonkey.com, CODave. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

Postby Aspen Summit » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:32 am

Looks very nice CRSpeedy 8) Is that the pic of the last sunrise David saw?

I ran the BolderBoulder last Monday and I saw someone in purple with a tribute tag: TM. I wasn't sure whether it was for Talus Monkey. I plan on running again next year so perhaps I'll be wearing purple too :)

Knight
Follow Your Path! Cross ALL Boundaries!! AND RIDE THE EARTH, BABY!!!

Postby CRSpeedy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:38 pm

Thank you, Knight. Yes, that is the last sunrise that David saw and it sure looks like it was a gorgeous one.

Postby Marty369 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:09 am

CR that is pretty cool!

Postby CODave » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:55 pm

I finally took some time to design the TalusMonkey.com website and add some content and features.

Some of the new features are:
-Photos from the June 17th Humboldt Peak memorial hike
-Photo gallery where anyone can upload photos to be displayed (this isn't quite automated yet)
-External links to 14ers.com memorial page and Captain Morgan Pose Off

I'll be adding a page very soon where anyone can submit any hilarious stories (and non-funny ones too).

Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

Also a big thank you to CRSpeedy for his help with the graphics!

Postby highaltmama » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:03 am

I really like the banner!!

PreviousNext