High points for TM

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Piker
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Piker »

Well, you can add the highest peak in the lower 48, Mt. Whitney to the list. I signed the register in memory of him and just as I finished, a fighter jet buzzed the summit within 500 feet. I will post TR and pictures soon.
Have you ever stopped to think....then forget to start again?
P and P Dad
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by P and P Dad »

Piker

How did you like the 97 switchbacks (+ or -). :lol:

Congrats on the climb.
No Excuses. Your Enemies Won’t Believe Them and Your Friends Don’t Need Them.
Hobopoet
Trip Reports (1)

High point in Michigan

Post by Hobopoet »

I honestly think the highest point in Michigan is a freeway overpass! Those glaciers that came through here really did a number!
Piker
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Piker »

P and P Dad wrote:Piker

How did you like the 97 switchbacks (+ or -). :lol:

Congrats on the climb.

OH....It is exactly 100, I counted. Going up wasnt so bad, it was coming down those that was not too enjoyable.
Have you ever stopped to think....then forget to start again?
Aubrey
14ers: 58 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (128)

Post by Aubrey »

It's not the greatest shot, as the winds were blowing hard, temps were just above zero and my toes were literally on the verge of frostbite (you can tell my smile was really forced), but it's the thought that counts.

Summitting didn't bring me to tears, as some warned, but holding up my crappy little 8.5x11 sign nearly did. Good thing it didn't, though, as those teardrops would've frozen to my eyeballs.

TM, your spirit climbs on, and you're still in our thoughts.
mtnview
14ers: 27 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mtnview »

Pretty cool tribute Aubrey! I like the Canada logos too!

Allan
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise (of his return), as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
http://www.truedino.com/colorado14ers.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: High points for TM

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

If you tried to add a high point (in David's honor) since January, you may have noticed that it didn't store the data. Should be all set now.
Sorry about that!

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/dwhighpoints.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs