High points for TM

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
JasonF
14ers: 58 
13ers: 63 1
Trip Reports (45)

Post by JasonF »

Knowing that he went to App State I would be surprised if he didn't summit Mt. Mitchell, the NC highpoint...
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going get better. It's not.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
Dr. Seuss
KenE
14ers: 31 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (0)

Post by KenE »

I'm heading to East Tennessee for vacation and should be able to do Clingman's Dome (Tennessee).

Ken
Joe32
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Joe32 »

Indiana will be on there next week I am going home for a wedding and if the Kentucky high point is close enough I will get it too.
Spam
14ers: 15 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Spam »

I am going to have to go up to Kimball in a couple weeks to knowck off panarama point. My son was sick the day we came home from Nebraska so I had to drive straight through. I will get it soon and take my boys on a road trip!
"Getting to the top is optional, getting down is mandatory." -- Ed Viesturs
Aubrey
14ers: 58 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (128)

Post by Aubrey »

Just got Nevada's Boundary Peak:

http://www.14ers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6443
KenE
14ers: 31 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (0)

Post by KenE »

Joe32 wrote:Indiana will be on there next week I am going home for a wedding and if the Kentucky high point is close enough I will get it too.
Joe,

The Kentucky High Point is Black Mtn. It's way down in Harlan County over next to the Virginia Border. From any point in Indiana it'll be quite a ways.

Ken
PA Jen
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (0)

Delaware

Post by PA Jen »

Not the most exciting highpoint but I tagged Ebright Azimuth this morning while in Delaware for a bike race. I was able to sign Talus Monkey's name to the log book. I took a picture with a bottle of Mountain Dew, but can't figure out how to attached it so if anyone wants me to email it to them let me know.

PA Jen
Last edited by PA Jen on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bobo
14ers: 19 
Trip Reports (7)

Guadalupe Peak

Post by Bobo »

Re-visited Guadalupe Peak (TM had already done it himself). See separate TR.

http://www.14ers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6499
"At this point the runner might philosophize a and consider just where he or she is in the Imogene Pass Run. You've climbed 1945 ft of elevation in 5.45 mi, at an average of 356 ft./mi., 6.8% gradient. To reach Imogene Pass you must climb 3365 ft in the next 4.60 mi, at an average of 731 ft./mi., or 13.85% gradient. Your effort so far has simply been a warmup. The steep gradients of the named hills below are now less than the average gradient ahead." - IPR course description
jfox
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jfox »

Sorry, but I forgot to mention that I failed (twice) to get to Ohio's highpoint, Campbell Hill. It's closed on the weekends and holidays! #-o

It was ~60 miles from my folks' house and both times I tried it was closed (it's on private property). :evil:

So, it's up for grabs if anyone else is in the area...good luck!
brg
Trip Reports (0)

Post by brg »

Has anyone gotten New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine For talus monkey?
PatsSox09
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by PatsSox09 »

Check Bill's TM Highpoint tracking page. I did Washington about 3 weeks ago via Lion Head, planning on summitting the rest over the course of the summer.
Aspen Summit
14ers: 22 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Aspen Summit »

Ummmm Aubrey......that point to the right of u look a tad higher :wink:

Knight
Follow Your Path! Cross ALL Boundaries!! AND RIDE THE EARTH, BABY!!!