High points for TM

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
gurlyclimber
14ers: 34 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (0)

High points for TM

Post by gurlyclimber »

Just a thought. David once told me that he wanted to get all of the State high points. We should make sure that David reaches that goal. How about when one of us reach the summit we sign his name on the summit register or leave a photo or something memorable in the canister in memory of our buddy. He's already beat all of us to the top I'm sure. :-)
usfgal
14ers: 58 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (0)

Post by usfgal »

That is a nice idea - my husband and I are highpointers. We've done 33 and plan to knock out a bunch more (hopefully through 40) by the end of the year. We'll sign his name at the registers!
Aubrey
14ers: 58 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (128)

Post by Aubrey »

Good idea. RenoBob and Les (if I have that correct) will be on Nevada's highpoint this weekend, I believe. TalusMonkey and USAK, too, I think, were planning on joining them.

Jen and I will be there Memorial Day weekend. Stay tuned.

Aubrey
gsliva
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gsliva »

TM lives! Great idea.
Live for the Climb and the search for commitment.
Piker
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Piker »

I am going to do Mt. Whitney this September and possibly Mt. Shasta, his presence will be with me on those summits. Pictures will follow the trip.
Have you ever stopped to think....then forget to start again?
Skitch14
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Skitch14 »

Im planning on doing Whitney, Guadalupe, and a short trip to Arkansas for Mount Magazine/Signal Hill. I will also be on Nevada's highpoint later this year as well, and will be sure to sign his name in the registers.
Last edited by Skitch14 on Fri May 11, 2007 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rockymtnhigh69
14ers: 31 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Rockymtnhigh69 »

I am planning on climbing Mt. Marcy in New York and signing his name to the register this summer..
On my first take-off, I hit second gear and went through the speed limit on a two-lane blacktop highway full of ranch traffic. By the time I went up to third, I was going 75 and the tach was barely above 4000 rpm....
And that's when the Ducati got its second wind. From 4000 to 6000 in third will take you from 75 mph to 95 in two seconds - and after that, Bubba, you still have fourth, fifth, and sixth. Ho, ho.

~Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

(VT)
Davis2001r6
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Davis2001r6 »

I was actually going to be meeting him for the first time up on Rainier in July. I was already planning on doing this for that trip, may bring some colt 45 for him as well.
Spam
14ers: 15 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Spam »

Here is the high point for the state I was born and breed in. It is exciting!! I will tackle this one on one of my trips to see the folks, there is actually a registry on it!

http://www.ci.kimball.ne.us/highpoint.htm
"Getting to the top is optional, getting down is mandatory." -- Ed Viesturs
gurlyclimber
14ers: 34 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gurlyclimber »

Spam wrote:Here is the high point for the state I was born and breed in. It is exciting!! I will tackle this one on one of my trips to see the folks, there is actually a registry on it!

http://www.ci.kimball.ne.us/highpoint.htm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That looks DANGEROUS!!!!!
PatsSox09
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by PatsSox09 »

living in the northeast I would be honored to sign TM's name at some of nearby high points I'm visiting this summer.

Rockymtnhigh69, when are you climbing Marcy? I'm also planning a hike of Marcy this summer.
RenoBob
14ers: 6 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (4)

Post by RenoBob »

Aubrey wrote:Good idea. RenoBob and Les (if I have that correct) will be on Nevada's highpoint this weekend, I believe. TalusMonkey and USAK, too, I think, were planning on joining them.

Jen and I will be there Memorial Day weekend. Stay tuned.

Aubrey
Yep, Leslie and I are leaving today for Boundary Peak. We'll be leaving a TM memorial. :YY
I need a volunteer to help me post the TR when I get back because I'm clueless about attaching photos to the TR :oops:
Everyone have a SAFE weekend, I don't want to read another accident report about anyone else on Monday.
Ciao,
Bob

PS. If anyone knows the forum member GoHigher, please have him PM me with his full name and the name of his friend. I need that for the Culebra reservation on Tuesday.
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.