Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Credit where credit is due...

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.

Postby Duffus Kentucky Climber » Thu May 10, 2007 7:48 pm

The piece was well written and organized. You succeeded in doing what you planned. We were drawn into a rescue scenario in which all of the readers would have gladly joined, if able. Your view would naturally be central in such a narrative, and no one on this site is naive enough to think you did this alone. We would all post the praise and thanks for the effort put forth to everyone involved, as we did to you, if possible.

Accept the thanks we give you, on behalf of your team.

dkc
It looks like the ridge is just right up there!

Postby curtiswm » Thu May 10, 2007 8:38 pm

What an incredible effort by the SAR Team. It's comforting to know that there are such highly trained and motivated professionals performing this vital service. Thanks for giving insight to the service these teams perform.
" Great are the works of the Lord... He has made His wonders to be remembered... "

Postby colopilot2002 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:47 pm

CoNative... thanks again for all you and the team did, but where your thanks is really do is to the posting of that article and picts, as it really gives all of us a better understand of the challenges and dangers the SAR team faced trying to save another.
Tread light, leave only foot prints and take only memories...

Postby highaltmama » Thu May 10, 2007 11:00 pm

We are thankful that you shared your experience with us. As USAKeller did, you didn't exclude us from knowing about someone whom we all respected and I think it helps people to grieve with all you have shared.

Yes, it sounds weird. Many of us never met TalusMonkey or USAKeller, yet we cried because of the loss of someone who we knew through this website. Yes, we cried. I did. I first read some of the first posts and thought it was a joke, and I was shocked when it wasn't. Even my son and my husband knew who TalusMonkey was.

Thank you for sharing some really important moments. It helps people to heal and for all of us to get through this.

Postby Tim McMarmot » Fri May 11, 2007 7:06 am

Like everyone else said, I never even considered it as a "look at me" stunt. No way. You gave me a much clearer concept of just what was up there.

Postby gsliva » Fri May 11, 2007 7:32 am

I have worked with abused children professionals that are totally volunteer. After several years of being around these gifted and giving people I asked one of the Professionals, "Why do you work in such a depressing field"? Her answer before the normal to help the kids: "I get to work with the best group of collegues that anyone could every hope to work with, simply the best human beings on the planet!"

Josh, you sir are among them and thank you for posting your link to the rescue sequence. I read the others as well. Simply amazing!

Glenn Sliva
Live for the Climb and the search for commitment.

Postby luoweixing » Fri May 11, 2007 8:47 pm

Dear CO Native,
I am Talus Monkey's Father in Washington, DC. Although I am hoping to speak to USAKeller soon concerning David's last hike, I am too shattered by all of this right now to speak with anyone about my son. I have read all of your posts and wanted to thank you personally for all you did for my beloved son. I am not able to get to Colorado for tomorrow's memorial service for David, but hope you will be there and express my sorrow and appreciation for all of his friends who have shown their love for my beloved son.
----James D. Robinson

Postby F Bomb » Fri May 11, 2007 10:25 pm

I think your hit counter might be messed up, I easily clicked it 3,500 times by myself!

As mentioned, the pictures and the story gave us all an even greater appreciation of the situations you put yourselves in.

Thank you.

Previous