USAKeller and TalusMonkey

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Post by USAKeller »

Thanks again everyone for your comments. I was doing better for a few days, but these last few days have been probably the saddest I've felt in my life.

SandstoneSmitty,
You climbed it after his night ascent this past summer? Or recently? If you do ever see me on the trail, don't nod- please introduce youeself! I'll be out there with friends all summer!
Last edited by USAKeller on Mon May 28, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

Caroline -

My hope for you is that with time, your heart will heal, and the memories of David will once again make you smile and leave you with feelings of happiness. The pain and sadness will ease over time, but it will take time. You're such a positive and strong person - those traits will prevail.

Try your best to enjoy that upcoming trip to Hawaii - you'll make David proud by soloing that highpoint.

Stay strong and know that we all care, more than you know.

Vicki
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
Keith McDonald
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Keith McDonald »

Caroline: Thank you for being with David. I can remember the long conversations we had on the phone (about you ). He thought the world of you. You are a very lucky woman to have been blessed with getting to know such a special guy. Do not feel that you are alone. David is with you every step you take. You have him in your heart you will never ever truely be without him.
I feel an emptiness that I have never felt before. I miss my friend.
Keith
MattResch
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MattResch »

Caroline,
I know this thread hasn't been up for awhile and I'm sorry to bring it back. But, Steven told me about everything that has happened and I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about all of this. I can't even imagine how you feel; how your heart feels. This tribute is the most beautiful and touching piece I think I've ever read; it made me cry. If there's ANYTHING I can do for you, don't hesitate to call. I'm so sorry.

Matty
mount_quandary
14ers: 4 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mount_quandary »

Caroline,
Casey and I have just returned home from Colorado, we are from Wisconsin and climbed Mt. Elbert, we didn't understand then what TM meant, as we saw a sign and heard some things of "Talus Monkey" it wasn't until we came back on to 14ers.com that we understood what TM meant...your story brought us both to tears, although we don't know you we have been so touched with your loss.
At 22 you have experienced more than most do in a lifetime, you both had such a special relationship and that is something I know will carry you for a lifetime!!! Your Faith on God is something you can count on and It will provide you the Hope you need when you become overwhelmed.

You are in our thoughts and prayers,
Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things in him who gives me strength

We are returning next summer to celebrate our 25th anniversary and planned on climbing Mt. Humboldt, we will say a prayer at the top with you and David in mind!

take care of yourself, a great song by Vince Gill "rest high on that mountain" is incredible
Lynn & Casey Rennert
Hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, live like you're not afraid of dying, don't be scared just enjoy the ride!
kiliclimber7_17_02
14ers: 58 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Tribute

Post by kiliclimber7_17_02 »

Very moving and beautiful collection of photos. We had an experience when my son was 3 that stuck with us. We had close friends with a boy the same age. He was a supposedly a miracle baby since the parents were told they could not have kids. One day he picked up the bible for the first time, opened it and had his Mom read a passage to him. He was killed in a terrible auto crash an hour later. She was injured but survived. During the grief process, his Mom recalled the reading event. She reread the passage which basically said you will only achieve your true potential after you leave the earth and there should be no fear in making that journey. It was a pretty amazing thing and hard to believe it was coincidence. Maybe that will give you some comfort and who knows maybe you two will climb together again in some beautiful place.
JB99
14ers: 41 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (21)

Post by JB99 »

Thank you for sharing with us.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not."