9News Video Tributes to David (5/8/2007)

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

9News Video Tributes to David (5/8/2007)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

The video is on David's tribute page and I hope to have a larger version out there soon. The view is in Windows Media Player (WMV) format, but I hope to have other video types (and a larger version) out there soon.
Last edited by BillMiddlebrook on Tue May 08, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
KirkT
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (23)

Post by KirkT »

Just saw the story on 9-news. I thought it was professional and sincere.

Kirk
denalibound
14ers: 32  7 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by denalibound »

Bill did they send this to you or did you record it?

I asked the producer to make video clips available online for people who weren't available or were out of state when they aired.

Hopefully we will be able to have a small collection for everybody to reference.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

I recorded it, that's why I missed the first few seconds. Hopefully, most of us can view the WMV file. I should have an MPEG version out soon.

I'm adding things like this to David's tribute page.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
colopilot2002
Trip Reports (0)

Post by colopilot2002 »

very nicely done... I am proud to see our 14er.com family pull so close together, and protect those whom we may never have met, like they are our dearest and closest friends. Great job to all who made sure his passing was not tarnished by the media and helping to get the facts through in a proper light.
Tread light, leave only foot prints and take only memories...
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

I just talked to 9News and it sounds like they are working on another news piece for the 9pm or 10pm news tonight. I'll post more if I hear back.
mtnmike
14ers: 57 
Trip Reports (11)

Post by mtnmike »

We could probably easily fill up a half-hour special with pictures, videos and tales from forum members...
mtnMike
http://www.fourteeners.org

"Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." - Ed Viesturs
colopilot2002
Trip Reports (0)

Post by colopilot2002 »

Bill thanks for the update...

I also think a thanks is in order for Bill, with out you and the site many here (inculding myself) would have never come, to know TalusMonkey and all he had to offer, in both life and death. Thanks for your countinued dedication to the 14er's family.
Tread light, leave only foot prints and take only memories...
jfox
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jfox »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I just talked to 9News and it sounds like they are working on another news piece for the 9pm or 10pm news tonight. I'll post more if I hear back.
Bill, could you post this vid on the site too? I don't have t.v.
Thanks.
denalibound
14ers: 32  7 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by denalibound »

I just got a call from 9news and it seems they are having trouble confirming David's death. I wonder how much the story will be effected if they are able to get a confirmation.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

9News is looking for some of David's close friends to maybe provide a camera interview today for a story TONIGHT at 9pm. I've emailed a couple of you already, but if you were close to David and would like to help out, please contact Anastasiya Bolton (9News) at 303-653-6753.
wasclywabbit
14ers: 33  3 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by wasclywabbit »

I got a call from 9news as well. Since I never met TM I told her the handles of some of his closer friends and explained that they would be better people to speak with about him. If she PM's you that may be why.

I think that 9News is figuring out what an impact TM had so it's good to see them trying to track down more information about him.