Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Tribute Asscent

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.

Tribute Asscent

Postby Lost a Father » Mon May 07, 2007 11:28 pm

I would definitely partake in the tribute ascent of Humboldt I have many friends here in Laramie, WY that met David in Greybull when we lived there that would also come join if they can. I probably won't be on here regularly so if you could email me at CLuftig@uwyo.edu with dates and info when it becomes know that would be much appreciated.

-Chris Luftig

Postby jamienellis » Mon May 07, 2007 11:35 pm

Chris,
Yes, some of us are already talking about organizing a memorial service and/or hike sometime later this summer. I will take down your e-mail address and let you know when we get something concrete planned.

We will be in touch and arrange a time that works well for you and David's other friends to come in town.

Again, our thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of great loss. David was an amazing guy and will be missed by many.

-Jamie
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Postby AzScott » Mon May 07, 2007 11:56 pm

For sure, I think this would be a great way for us to remember the good things that David did, not this awful tragedy.

I would be more than willing to help set up some sort of event, and I'm sure that CODave would like to be involved as well, among many, many others. Let's make it happen.

Scott

Postby roozers42 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:07 am

I think this would be a wonderful way to remember David and am willing to help set up the event. I cannot even begin to express my sadness right now. I will miss you, David.

Jen

Postby COmedic04 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:39 am

Regardless of the date or time, I'll be there.
Paramedic: Drive safe, or I'll see you naked!!

"The mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion."
- Anatoly Boukreev

Postby 14ers4me » Tue May 08, 2007 4:30 am

I would love to do this! Keep the info updated as you get it!
Colorado-The only place beautiful enough to call home

Postby colopilot2002 » Tue May 08, 2007 6:36 am

Chris,

Even through all the sadness with the loss of an amazing member of the Colorado mountaineering family, his warmth is still hard at work bringing this 14ers family even closer in his passing. I am very sorry for your loss and my prayers countinue to be with you and the rest of the family at this difficult time. God Speed...

Respectfully,
Chris S

Count me in for the climb...

Postby Lhotse » Tue May 08, 2007 6:38 am

I'll be there as well.
"Tommorrow Is Promised to No One" ..Walter Payton...Brian Rush

Kiefer

Postby Kiefer » Tue May 08, 2007 6:41 am

I'll be there as well. Count me in!
40's of King Cobra, Schlitz, Old English, Old Peculiar, Seis Rosas etc. mandatory!
Would Mad Dog 50/50 also fit the bill?

Postby mtgirl » Tue May 08, 2007 7:12 am

I'll be there as well.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

Postby RussellT » Tue May 08, 2007 7:27 am

Anything I can do to help anyone through this, let me know. I'll be there. Prayers and wishes of comfort and peace to all.
Yes is ALWAYS trumps the no!

Postby shotgung » Tue May 08, 2007 7:32 am

My brother from San Diego and I would join for a tribute ascent this summer. PM and keep me posted. Thanks.
A project is complete when it starts working for you, rather than you working for it

Next