Climber injured and stranded on Humboldt Peak

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Post by USAKeller »

I did not glissade- the snow pack was too hard and I wouldn't have felt comfortable doing it.

I was unable to locate our snowshoes/skis so if anyone will be up in this area soon, would you mind helping us out and finding them? I have the GPS coordinates for our stash as well, but I can't hike because of bad blisters from my AT boots. But it will mean the world to me if you can help us out getting back some of our gear.

Lastly, THANK YOU to everyone who's said prayers- keep praying please.
ccunnin
14ers: 21 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by ccunnin »

Well I haven't heard of any new patients coming in, so hopefully that means he made it off without incident. When anyone gets any updates, keep us all posted. I've actually been attached to the laptop awaiting good news. My prayers are still out there.
He who controls the spice, controls the universe.
Ski4Fun
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Ski4Fun »

Like many of the others, I have never met either of the climbers. I've learned a lot by reading their posts on this forum. My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved in this SAR.
Ski now, work later.
Mark
firsttracks
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (9)

Post by firsttracks »

My buddy and I were just getting off Humboldt when USAKeller and Talus were starting up. I only wish I were still up there to go and help out.

My thoughts are with both of you.
Devin
14ers: 41 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Devin »

Thoughts and prayers sent.
RenoBob
14ers: 6 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (4)

Post by RenoBob »

David:
Hang in there. I know you'll pull through this and we'll all laugh about it in a few days. Boundary will still be here and there's Culebra in June. Les and I are praying for you.
Good job Caroline, way to keep your cool. You did all you could under the circumstances. I know your preparation will help David pull through this.

Hoping for the best,
Bob & Leslie
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
speedpolka
14ers: 23  1 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by speedpolka »

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Get down soon.
Subduction leads to Orogeny.
spartanmax
Trip Reports (0)

Post by spartanmax »

I have been a devoted lurker for years, and haven't posted as I didn't think I had anything witty or insightful to offer.

Having said that, Good Luck and Godspeed to all.
sundog54
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (4)

Post by sundog54 »

Like so many others, I've never met TalusMonkey, but have enjoyed his posts and pictures for over a year.

Let me add my prayers and good wishes.

Sundog
wasclywabbit
14ers: 33  3 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by wasclywabbit »

USAKeller

Hang in there, the SARS volunteers will get him out.

I don't think that I can get down to Humboldt this week but when you get a chance why don't you post the GPS coordintates of your equipment stash so that whomever can get down there can try to find your stuff.

I haven't met either of you guys but have loved your witty banter over the last year. You did a great job getting out and getting help and I'm sure that the monkey man will be back in pimp purple in no time. Keep positive because the prayers of a lot of people are with both of you.
Hook Em Horns
14ers: 58 
13ers: 101
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Hook Em Horns »

in our thoughts and prayers TM
Couloirman
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Couloirman »

Im so sorry to hear this happened. really pulling for your safe evacuation and speedy recovery.