Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Climber injured and stranded on Humboldt Peak

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.

Climber injured and stranded on Humboldt Peak

Postby colopilot2002 » Sun May 06, 2007 8:31 pm

Climber is stranded above 12K on Humboldt Peak, see brief story on 9news.com.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=69460

Postby sdkeil » Sun May 06, 2007 8:50 pm

Hmmmm I hope this isnt what I think it is about. USAKeller and TalusMonkey went to climb Humbolt this weekend. I think TalusMonkey is 38 and neither are answering their cell phones. Let us all hope for the best.
Ass: (noun)
a long-eared, slow, patient, sure-footed domesticated mammal, Equus asinus, related to the horse, used chiefly as a beast of burden.

Postby CODave » Sun May 06, 2007 8:52 pm

sdkeil wrote:Hmmmm I hope this isnt what I think it is about. USAKeller and TalusMonkey went to climb Humbolt this weekend. I think TalusMonkey is 38 and neither are answering their cell phones. Let us all hope for the best.

I was just thinking the same thing, but I never heard if they were for sure going up there. I assume they did go? I also tried their cell phones.

Postby skwid » Sun May 06, 2007 8:58 pm

I bet you it is them... and I find it funny that you all have eachother's cell phone numbers...

Who ever it is stranded above timber line with a disolocation sounds like one shitty way to spend a night...

Postby doumall » Sun May 06, 2007 9:03 pm

Wow, hope everything ends up well. Spending an unplanned night out in winter conditions is not fun, I have done it, but I cant imagine having two dislocations to go with it.

Postby Jcwhite » Sun May 06, 2007 9:14 pm

Last I heard from her, she said they were going, hopefully this turns out alright, I too have spent the night out and it sucks!!
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Postby Kate » Sun May 06, 2007 9:18 pm

let's all pray and hope for the best --

Postby Bean » Sun May 06, 2007 9:26 pm

Holy F, hope he comes out of this ok.
Last edited by Bean on Tue May 08, 2007 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jimlup » Sun May 06, 2007 9:30 pm

Yeah, the chances of it being anyone else are pretty low. I hope they are OK and coming down with the SARS team right now.

Send warm thoughts!
"Just because you have the gear does not mean that you are a Mountaineer!" My daughter's cynical comment about my hobby...

Postby ascent+descent=fun » Sun May 06, 2007 9:32 pm

they are definately in my prayers...i dont even know them and I am worried...

Postby Floyd » Sun May 06, 2007 9:42 pm

My thoughts are with whoever is on the mountain but even more so if it turns out to be TalusMonkey and USAKeller. Its odd, I've never met either but I feel like I know them from this forum. If anyone gets an update either first hand or through more news stories, please post.

Postby mainpeak » Sun May 06, 2007 9:42 pm

A mental down sleeping bag, bivy sack, and hot drink going out to them. Hope their OK.

Next