Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

El Capitan Fatality

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.

El Capitan Fatality

Postby painless4u2 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:54 am

Sadly, a rock climber lost his life Sunday climbing Yosemite's El Capitan:

http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/05/20/3307022/rock-climber-dies-in-fall-on-yosemites.html
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

Bad decisions often make good stories.

"Well, that didn't go as expected." - Brett Maune

Re: El Capitan Fatality

Postby Steve Climber » Tue May 21, 2013 8:15 am

Bad news...RIP to Mr Robison. Heart and thoughts out to his family and partner.
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Re: El Capitan Fatality

Postby geojed » Tue May 21, 2013 8:26 am

• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain