Get Well Slimshady (about JUST slimshady)

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Get Well Slimshady (about JUST slimshady)

Post by TallGrass »

As the other thread seems to be derailing away from concerns about him a bit, here's one for just slimshady; for (additional) get well wishes; recovery updates from his family, close friends or slim' himself (not to pry, as he's apparently a private person, but just so we know he's improving), and most hopefully a note or two from him that he's back hiking in the mountains and knocking out Sneffels, Wilson and more towards knocking out his 58! :-D
"A few hours' mountain climbing make of a rogue and a saint two fairly equal creatures.
Tiredness is the shortest path to equality and fraternity - and sleep finally adds to them liberty."
ameristrat
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Get Well Slimshady (about JUST slimshady)

Post by ameristrat »

Good call - as always, we're thinking about you and praying for a speedy recovery!
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Jeff, I wish you the best and hope you recover fast so you can get back to the outdoors. Stay strong.
-Bill
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Perea
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 150 1
Trip Reports (26)

Post by Perea »

Michael, Sean and myself were able to visit with Slim yesterday after we delivered his truck to him at the hospital. He is out of ICU and has his sense of humor back cracking jokes. I'm sure he will recover quickly. On a side note I recommend everyone who is out in the backcountry to carry a SAR card at all times. It will cut a lot of the bureaucracy out of the rescue operation if these small counties know they will get reimbursed for their efforts. If anyone has a link to post where you can buy one please post.
Paul
ulvetano
14ers: 58  9  7 
13ers: 48 2 1
Trip Reports (20)

Post by ulvetano »

Great news. Keep getting well!
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

Paul, I was just telling my wife about the situation. I am so thankful that he is doing better.

GET WELL Jeff!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Been praying for you.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
scramble
14ers: 35  4  6 
13ers: 23 1
Trip Reports (3)

Post by scramble »

Yeah! Haven't met you, but sending all the best wishes. Great to hear things are improving and inspiring that yet again folks from this community were able to come together to help with his truck, etc.
Last edited by scramble on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ameristrat
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (9)

Post by ameristrat »

El Chupacabra wrote:Michael, Sean and myself were able to visit with Slim yesterday after we delivered his truck to him at the hospital. He is out of ICU and has his sense of humor back cracking jokes. I'm sure he will recover quickly. On a side note I recommend everyone who is out in the backcountry to carry a SAR card at all times. It will cut a lot of the bureaucracy out of the rescue operation if these small counties know they will get reimbursed for their efforts. If anyone has a link to post where you can buy one please post.
Paul
I need to buy one of these, so I'll second this. Anyone have a link?
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

Get well soon, Jeff. Got you in my prayers.
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

You can purchase a SAR card here.

Jeff, get your lazy butt out of that bed and go finish those peaks!
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TallGrass »

Says "Error Page 404." Valid CORSAR card link which I'll use tomorrow to see if I can *uhem* gift to others. :wink:

Edit: Not without personal info apparently, but you could always buy them a $3 or $12 gift certificate to one of the vendors in the town they live in.
Last edited by TallGrass on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A few hours' mountain climbing make of a rogue and a saint two fairly equal creatures.
Tiredness is the shortest path to equality and fraternity - and sleep finally adds to them liberty."
scottfarish
14ers: 58  1  3 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by scottfarish »

Great to hear that Jeff is back to his old jokes and antics... Jeff, if you read this, get your tail out of the hospital and back into the hills... me, Flintster, and Uffda are about to beat you to #58 :)

Get well, bud.