Help: Jeff Lodico aka slimshady

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
flintster
14ers: 45 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (0)

Help: Jeff Lodico aka slimshady

Post by flintster »

Help please - regarding 14ers.com member "slimshady" (Jeff Lodico)

If anyone is a close friend or family member of Jeff, can you please IM me ASAP? There was an accident, he is alive but pretty messed up. Believe him to be in Aspen Valley Hospital. I'm getting info via friend of climbing partner - trying to get his emergency contact info right now. I use to work with him and we did a few peaks together, but he never mentioned any family in Colorado...maybe in NY where he is from???

Any info helps - already scanned his FB friends for people with same last name but didn't find any. I know he climbs with a lot of people off of this site. Trying to get his emergency contacts info from our work but no luck yet.

Thanks.
Last edited by flintster on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Jeff Lodico - aka slimshady

Post by kushrocks »

PM Sent
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
LuLuLuv
14ers: 58 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Jeff Lodico - aka slimshady

Post by LuLuLuv »

Oh no! I've hiked with Jeff, I hope he ok. Tho I don't think I would have any info to add that you wouldn't have already. Please let us know of his condition.
Winter8000m
14ers: 29  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (35)

Re: Help: Jeff Lodico aka slimshady

Post by Winter8000m »

I'll ask around. I remember him calling his parents on a couple occasions on some trips we took. Wishing speedy recovery and that it's nothing severe.....
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Greenhouseguy
14ers: 41  10 
13ers: 185 5
Trip Reports (71)

Post by Greenhouseguy »

This may sound like a pretty basic question, but did anybody go through his cell phone contact list? I presume that would be the first thing that an LEO or SAR would do.
"May your boulder be your blessing." - Aron Ralston
lackerstef
14ers: 49 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (5)

Post by lackerstef »

Read from Dr. Kedrowski: "I found Paul's Friend Jeff fell from w face snowmass today 11amSR arrived 1230...we warmed him attended wounds.pray for him and heli rescue"
flintster
Trip Reports (0)

Post by flintster »

I didn't want to provide any details as I wasn't there but he fell on Saturday and survived the night alone. One tough dude.
lackerstef
14ers: 49 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (5)

Post by lackerstef »

I wish him all the best. Very glad to hear he has remained as strong as he has.
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

Thoughts and prayers for Jeff. I climbed Crestone Peak with him and attempted Crestone Needle with him a few years back.
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
Winter8000m
14ers: 29  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Winter8000m »

Please keep him in your prayers everyone. He is being moved to Denver.
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)
flintster
Trip Reports (0)

Post by flintster »

Just got in touch with Jeff's manager at Lockheed Martin - stepping off a plane at DIA. He has access to all of Jeff's emergency contact info and is going to start the process of notifying them of the situation. Thanks everyone for the information - let's hope slimshady pulls through.
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

Hoping for a positive outcome. We're all pulling for you, Jeff. May you have a speedy recovery. [-o<
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."