Leif Borgeson RIP

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
rickinco123
14ers: 8 
Trip Reports (3)

Leif Borgeson RIP

Post by rickinco123 »

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article ... &catid=346

Leif was a real character, great wife and kids also. I was shocked when I saw this. I have not talked to him in years. I figured with all of the Summit County folks who seem to be on here some of you may have known him.

I will always remember about 10 years ago when I was teaching his son to ski, he came along once as we skied on one ski. He followed on one ski in his Tele skis. He was a hell of a skier and had forgotten more about avy then I will probably ever know. One of the top ski patrolers in Colorado and the country.
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Leif Borgeson RIP

Post by tmathews »

Crap. Yeah, I saw that through CAIC. They said that A-Basin's Facebook page is receiving a lot of condolences. So sad. RIP....
gonzalj
14ers: 40  1 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (11)

Post by gonzalj »

RIP Leif.
peter303
14ers: 34 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Post by peter303 »

They wont now the exact cause for a while. But Rocky Mountain deaths seem to cluster in the 20s and 50s.
20s when you may be a little too bold for your experience.
50s is your last hurrah before you start to weaken. Maybe you have time from early retirement
or an empty nest. And you no longer have the same strength and coordination of a younger person.
tylermacguire
14ers: 29  2  1 
13ers: 12 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tylermacguire »

This is very sad news and it leaves me with a very heavy heart. Leif was a great guy and will be missed by many. My condolences go out to his wife and kids.