Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Senior Citizens Kicked out of Yellowstone

Colorado 14ers access and fee issues only, please

Re: Senior Citizens Kicked out of Yellowstone

Postby Dex » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:52 pm

I think the closing of the WWII memorial and the parks calls for someone making a Youtube Video of a Reagan look-a-like standing in front of it and saying "Mr. Obama, Tear down these walls."

Or maybe just a voice over of Reagan's speech with the images and change the name to "Obama". I'm sure someone here can do it.

Or don't change the name to Obama.

Either way it would be powerful.

I don't care about the name.

I don't anyone on this forum cares about the name.

I think we all see what is happening as a travesty.
Last edited by Dex on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Location: Way Up High In The Mountains (On The Alpine Loop) And Down By The Sea (In San Clemente)

Postby San Juan Ron » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Unlike the Reagan years, the enemy now is us. SJ Ron ](*,)

Postby Dex » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:12 pm

San Juan Ron wrote:Unlike the Reagan years, the enemy now is us. SJ Ron ](*,)
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby Fisching » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Crap, Dex is back on a political topic. Time to move it to Off-Route.
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby highpilgrim » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Fisching wrote:Crap, Dex is back on a political topic. Time to move it to Off-Route.

+1

Or, maybe Dexie should just go visit his friend rASStic. Permanently.

Those sophisticated political scientists would thrive together and maybe save our country from ruin. Like a right-wing Menlo Park brain trust.

Yeah, that's the ticket. (no idiot font necessary)
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Postby Dex » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 pm

highpilgrim wrote:
Fisching wrote:Crap, Dex is back on a political topic. Time to move it to Off-Route.

+1

Or, maybe Dexie should just go visit his friend rASStic. Permanently.

Those sophisticated political scientists would thrive together and maybe save our country from ruin. Like a right-wing Menlo Park brain trust.

Yeah, that's the ticket. (no idiot font necessary)

Love Actually
"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow airport. General opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed - but I don't see that - seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there: fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, none of the phone calls from people on board were messages of hate or revenge; they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love, actually, is all around.”
- Hugh Grant
Montani Semper Liberi

Postby jsdratm » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:10 pm

Looks like the negative polling numbers for the GOP have had quite an effect, since they are now projecting that the budget and debt ceiling increase will be passed this weekend or early next week. Its amazing how much bad polling numbers can increase cooperation in the government!

So hopefully RMNP will be opened by next weekend.

Postby TallGrass » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:38 pm

jsdratm wrote:increase cooperation in the government!
Doesn't co-operation mean both sides, not just one? Or are you saying correlation is causation? Varying views on the dynamics of the shutdown: "The real crisis? Gerrymandering" versus "Gerrymandering Didn’t Cause the Shutdown". At least UT has shown it can avoid a deficit budget which I'm sure is helping them re-open parks in their state. Don't know what it would cost WY to re-open Yellowstone, the Tetons, J.D.R. and so on by comparison though.
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Previous