Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

ONE MORE TURN

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

ONE MORE TURN

Postby caseyb22 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Is it to late to make some ski turns?? I will be up in Leadville this weekend and am curious to see if anyone knows the conditions of the Box Creek Couloirs. Looking for a solid climb with a few turns as a reward. Last post on here with info was from a month ago and I know things have changed up there since then. Thanks for any info. Cheers
Thank You Jesus for Mountains

Re: ONE MORE TURN

Postby bergsteigen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 am

When I drove past Elbert on Fri night, the couloirs did not connect up to the summit and the snow in general was looking really thin. No photos unfortunately. It may be a lot of work for a couple turns. Up to you!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Re: ONE MORE TURN

Postby hardtryer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:23 am

Box creek didn't look good but massive was holding tons of snow! the main north? couly looked workable and large snowfields still remain. I drove out of aspen back into the frontrange parade on sunday (6/23) afternoon and from what I could tell there is still some snow in parts. La plata looked like it was do able from the top. I saw people with skis in a couple spots near aspen, lost man lake, grizzly A, mountainboy gulch.. Not sure how far into the valley these runs go, but hey, riding down some of the way is a lot better than hiking all the way. :-D