Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

ONE MORE TURN

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

ONE MORE TURN

Postby caseyb22 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Is it to late to make some ski turns?? I will be up in Leadville this weekend and am curious to see if anyone knows the conditions of the Box Creek Couloirs. Looking for a solid climb with a few turns as a reward. Last post on here with info was from a month ago and I know things have changed up there since then. Thanks for any info. Cheers
Thank You Jesus for Mountains

Re: ONE MORE TURN

Postby bergsteigen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:02 am

When I drove past Elbert on Fri night, the couloirs did not connect up to the summit and the snow in general was looking really thin. No photos unfortunately. It may be a lot of work for a couple turns. Up to you!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls! - Me

http://otinasadventures.com

Re: ONE MORE TURN

Postby hardtryer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:23 am

Box creek didn't look good but massive was holding tons of snow! the main north? couly looked workable and large snowfields still remain. I drove out of aspen back into the frontrange parade on sunday (6/23) afternoon and from what I could tell there is still some snow in parts. La plata looked like it was do able from the top. I saw people with skis in a couple spots near aspen, lost man lake, grizzly A, mountainboy gulch.. Not sure how far into the valley these runs go, but hey, riding down some of the way is a lot better than hiking all the way. :-D