Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Indian Peaks Beta

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Indian Peaks Beta

Postby mtncoffee » Fri May 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Has anyone been up 4th of july, brainard or moffat TH lately? Given the awesomeness of spring that endowed us with great snows I'm sure coverage to be fantastic just wondering what the first person perspectives have been.

Much appreciated.

Re: Indian Peaks Beta

Postby Wallowa » Mon May 27, 2013 2:19 pm

I toured out of the 4th of July TH yesterday. Coverage was good. View SW from just above the mine is attached for illustration.
Attachments
Southwest view.jpg
Southwest view.jpg (81.73 KiB) Viewed 735 times

Postby mtncoffee » Thu May 30, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks. Headed up yesterday and played around in sky walker and a few other chutes. Recon day for more excitement to come. Also learned the hard lesson of don't get off the trail on the way home just to grab a few more turns. Bush whacking suckssssss

Postby ak47 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:49 am

Curvaceous was looking good yesterday, sorry I can't upload photos. Crooked is in, shoshoni and pawnee were both caked to the summits. The navajo snowfield is fat as well as queens way and apache couloirs. Trails are entirely snowcovered from beyond the lake. If anyone's interested in photos I can email them, just send me a pm. This epic spring will continue into the foreseeable future! smiley face! Alex

Postby PaliKona » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:54 pm

What's the trail conditions up to the mine like? Thx

Postby clemsonmtneer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:32 pm

PaliKona wrote:What's the trail conditions up to the mine like? Thx

Got out there yesterday, it's intermittent snow with dry patches the entire way along the trail up to the mine and Arapaho Pass. More snow than dry patches, but the dry sections were significant enough that we couldn't skin up consistently on skis... plenty of annoying post-holing despite a strong morning freeze. Route-finding was somewhat challenging until treeline... not enough tracks to make the route obvious.