Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Sunday 5/19

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Sunday 5/19

Postby GoPackGo » Fri May 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Looking for partners for Sunday 5/19 for the Ten Mile Range. Don't really have anything specific in mind; I have some ideas but would be open. Just skied Quandry so would prefer not to ski that again. Avy 1, 30+ days in the BC this year, not afraid to turn around.

Re: Sunday 5/19

Postby EatinHardtack » Fri May 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Hmmm what'd you have in mind? My partners kind of bailed on me both days this weekend. Drift? Bald? Not looking into skiing quandary at all.

Postby GoPackGo » Fri May 17, 2013 4:10 pm

I'd do Drift. I skied the north side of Bald last year but would do it again. That upper bowl on Crystal looks nice too.

Postby EatinHardtack » Fri May 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Skied Crystal last year as well. Drift could be good, it's on my list, as is Fletcher. My original plan was to hit some possible solo stuff, Mosquito Pass peaks or Boudoir on Horseshoe.

Postby GoPackGo » Fri May 17, 2013 4:39 pm

You want to plan on Drift? I eyed it up a bunch while skiing Mayflower this winter and it would be fun to finally ski it.

Postby Chicago Transplant » Fri May 17, 2013 5:03 pm

I want to ski something in the Tenmile/Mosquito this weekend, but can probably only do so tomorrow. I have a rather busy workload and have to work Sunday, maybe even tomorrow afternoon after whatever I end up doing peak-wise. A nice close short outing is all I can do and the Tenmile is perfect in that regard, but if you are locked into Sunday, I will just find something else to do tomorrow. I would switch, but it works better for me to come in Sunday to the office based on when co-workers are coming in.

The NW gully in between Drift and Fletcher on the Mayflower side has caught my eye for years, but always seems to be melted out at the top in spring,I wonder if its in right now?

Its the gully directly above the smaller ruined cabin on the left, Drift to the right, Fletcher to the left. The link below is a pic I took a few Februarys ago (I went link instead of embedding so people don't think its current), so the conditions will be different but give you the general location anyway.

http://images.summitpost.org/original/210871.JPG
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day

Postby EatinHardtack » Fri May 17, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm locked in on Sunday for this. I am skiing Missouri tomorrow. Drift is on my list so I'll go ahead and say I'm in with possibly another buddy on Sunday.

Postby GoPackGo » Sat May 18, 2013 8:57 am

I too am locked into Sunday. Sounds like it is me and EatinHardtTack for sure. Seems like there was a good freeze last night. Let's hope for another one tonight.