Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Congrats to Matt!

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Congrats to Matt!

Postby MountainHiker » Wed May 15, 2013 5:02 pm

Congratulations. Amazing =D>
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Postby mtnfiend » Wed May 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Nice work Matt!
Didn't I ever tell you.....Bumble's bounce!!!

Postby unclegar » Wed May 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Amazing accomplishment! =D>
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Postby Matt » Wed May 15, 2013 6:35 pm

What did I do?

Seriously, congratulations to you, Matt K. =D> =D>
I see Lou Dawson echoes what I've heard from Carl, Helmut, and Ben, so I'm not surprised:
Lou Dawson wrote:Jordan claims Kamper put in most of the booter and left him in the dust. Apparently the guy was pretty motivated, this being the capstone on his multi-year 14er project.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby pioletski » Wed May 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Thank you all so much! This has been a great adventure and a very fulfilling project. It is also, most of the time, a team sport, and I am grateful to all of you who have contributed. Brittany Walker Konsella (mtnbikerskierchick, 14erskiers.com) and I agreed that the best part about it is the friends you make along the way. Cheers!

@Oman: Yes, I'm older than Lou was when he finished. That makes me the holder of a record that I'd happily relinquish!
The greater danger, for most of us, is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low, and we reach it.
- Michelangelo

Postby lodgling » Wed May 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Congrats! Really demonstrating the "you never know until you go" principle with this season's efforts. Glad I could join you to start off the final push.

Postby Carl » Wed May 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Congrats buddy. I know I've said this a few times this week but man would I have loved to have been there to share it with you. Looking forward to getting out more in the years to come. I'll try my best to keep up.

Lou Dawson did a write up with a little Q&A http://www.wildsnow.com/10077/carl-dowdy-matt-kamper-skiing-54-fourteeners/

Aug_Dog wrote:Pretty amazing accomplishment. BUT, can you do it with snowlerblades?

Matt's too smart for that. Me, well, maybe not as bright. I tried and it didn't go well. Apparently a few 14ers have successful snowblade descents though. I assume they were all done in jest. I hope.

Postby EatinHardtack » Wed May 15, 2013 9:49 pm

Congrats Matt, an amazing accomplishment and the feeling of being finished must be nice. Now Marc needs to finish.

Postby Bean » Thu May 16, 2013 4:12 am

I hope I'm half as rad at 53.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu May 16, 2013 7:29 am

Matt / Carl / anyone...

Does anyone know if there's an official list kept of those who have skied/boarded the 14ers, including the list used be each? Since half the finishers don't keep their list here, I may try to contact them to see if I can get info and create a special page for 14er ski/board descents, along with links to their websites, etc. I think many of us would find that interesting.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby Carl » Thu May 16, 2013 10:11 am

Bill, if you look on 14erskiers.com at Brittany's Pikes Peak finisher TR, she lists who the then 9 people to ski/ride them all are. I'd link you but I'm on my phone. That's the list I referenced in thinking I'm the 10th and Matt the 11th. Not official of course, but agreed on by just about everyone (who cares) as far as I know.

Postby lordhelmut » Thu May 16, 2013 10:48 am

Has Lou, or anyone interested in either finishing or the 14er skiing project in general, factored in the crusty mountain town local who may have finished and is unaware that the internet exists or has a stout opposition towards it?

PreviousNext