Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Congrats to Matt!

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Congrats to Matt!

Postby pioletski » Thu May 16, 2013 10:55 am

Righto Carl. Here's the link to Brittany's blog post: http://14erskiers.com/brittanysblog/2011/05/tr-pikes-peak-14-may-2011-my-final-fourteener/

She does list the (then-) current finishers near the end of her post. Lou Dawson is also interested in recording the history of 14er skiing. It's possible of course that there is someone out there who has done it and is keeping quiet about it, but I don't think it's likely - sooner or later one runs into the others that are working on a project like this.
The greater danger, for most of us, is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low, and we reach it.
- Michelangelo

Postby gb » Thu May 16, 2013 12:58 pm

I've kept a list of who and when, so to speak, at the top of this page: http://14erskiers.com/blog/franks-fourteener-skiing-reports/

Even updated it for Carl and Matt (congrats again guys) Is it some sort of official, guaranteed to be correct list? Definitely not. I think there is a pretty good chance that someone finished on the downlow. But those are the people I know of.

Postby SchralpTheGnar » Thu May 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Congratulations, extremely impressive achievement Matt.

lordhelmut wrote:Has Lou, or anyone interested in either finishing or the 14er skiing project in general, factored in the crusty mountain town local who may have finished and is unaware that the internet exists or has a stout opposition towards it?

There's actually been 5 other people that have skied the 14ers that no one knows about, so that puts the official count at 16.

Previous