Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

dead dog

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

dead dog

Postby Mountainfreak4465 » Sun May 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Anyone been up to Torrey's recently? Thinking about a dead dog ascent/descent later this week. Looks like a good melt/freeze coming up. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Re: dead dog

Postby FullertonImages » Mon May 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Certainly potentially interested. Had my eye on it all year, definitely want to hit it in the next few weeks. Interested in joined, or at least a beta report if you get there first. Good luck!
Adventure Photographer - Staff Photographer for Backpacker Magazine and Climbing Magazine.

Fullerton Images Facebook Google+ Twitter

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Mon May 13, 2013 4:13 pm

Don't expect to be front pointing up the dog now...

Was there month ago (before big storms hit) and thing was full on winter conditions. Was postholing through 6-9" of powder before turing around half way up. Driving by Torrys this weekend very evident that mountain has A LOT of snow.
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby ak47 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:33 pm

I see melt but not much freeze in the forecast

Postby mliggett » Tue May 14, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm curious (semi-interested, but feel I may be overly ambitious...) I'm having a knee surgery in about a month, hoping to give er' one last go, not real sure if this is the best place to start.

Just moved to CO in July - so I'm not well educated on all of this, thus I'm not too sure on the feasibility of the ascent/descent with all things considered... and don't completely wanna just say 'I'll wing it...' (must be getting a little older/wiser ... that was my mentality most of my days up until the last year or so...)

Any insight/advice on trying to get some last ditch ski/climb adventures in before I've gotta go under the knife?