Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Congrats to Carl!

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports
Site Administrator

Re: Congrats to Carl!

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun May 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Love it! Especially the narrow jump-turning action. MARC!

Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby d_baker » Sun May 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Nice video! I like the compilation of pov's.
Looks like you had some tough conditions to finish with.

Postby Elliot » Sun May 05, 2013 7:42 pm

That was a great vid you guys really crushed and got some great conditions in there! Way to end the 14ers Carl and great descent. Marc is a boss on that board.

Cheers

Postby LuLuLuv » Mon May 06, 2013 5:02 am

Whoa! Great job Carl!!

Postby lordhelmut » Mon May 06, 2013 7:11 am

XC Snowboarder wrote:Kudos, Carl! I am glad I was able to be there at the beginning, the end and a lot of peaks in between. I am looking fwd to our future adventures!

I am looking forward to future adventures too. No more shoveling snow in order to ski lines, or feeling the need to ski stuff in the Drygres, or skinning up a drainage multiple times to get a line in condition - you can just go where the snow is.

Nice work nonetheless Carl - the Snowmass trip we did is still one of the most memorable slogs. Best Wendy's late night run ever.

Postby CarpeDM » Mon May 06, 2013 11:49 am

Congrats to Carl and the team! That video is one of the most bada$$ things I've seen on this site.
"Skepticism is the first step towards truth." - Denis Diderot
"It is not what the man of science believes that distinguishes him, but how and why he believes it. His beliefs are tentative, not dogmatic; they are based on evidence, not on authority or intuition." - Bertrand Russell
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
"Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory And I ain't saying it ain't a fact. But I've heard that I'm on the road to Purgatory And I don't like the sound of that.
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly. But I choose to let the mystery be" - Iris Dement

Postby George James » Mon May 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Congratulations Carl
- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack
~ The Baron Von Bergschrund

Postby Presto » Mon May 06, 2013 2:09 pm

:shock: =D> \:D/ :iluvbeer: :!:
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby EatinHardtack » Mon May 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Congrats Carl. I kind of agree with Brian, now you can go after the snow and enjoy even more peaks and lines. Congrats man!!

Postby sgladbach » Mon May 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Hearfelt congatulations! I really don't know what else to say.....just REALLY cool deed. Loved the video.

Steve
"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?

Postby PKelley » Mon May 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Psyched for you! Nice work, and congrats!
The Dalai Lama when asked what surprised him most about humanity:
“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

Postby jblyth » Mon May 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Very impressive, congrats!

PreviousNext