Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski Survey

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Ski Survey

Postby BenfromtheEast » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:11 pm

For your future survey design considerations...

#9 says "rank," which should be interpreted to mean only one question can get the score of 10, one gets 9, etc. That's how I answered it, but had to give a "rank" of 1 to the extras since there were more options than rank positions.

Postby COBuckeye » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:32 pm

BenfromtheEast wrote:#9 says "rank," which should be interpreted to mean only one question can get the score of 10, one gets 9, etc. That's how I answered it, but had to give a "rank" of 1 to the extras since there were more options than rank positions.

Interesting point, I could change "rank" to "rate". I wonder how many others interpreted the question as you did? My intention was to allow the respondent to put any number 1-10 for any/all features depending on their personal preferences...
"...cause I got changed by what I've been shown, more glory than the world has known, keeps me ramblin' on..." - Josh Garrels (Farther Along)

Postby BenfromtheEast » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:57 pm

Yes, I think "rate" would be what you want. It should be easy to tell which way people interpreted it. I'll go back through and answer them individually if it's messing up your results.

...and sorry for being obnoxious. I do a good bit of survey analysis and am in the habit of critiquing.

Postby COBuckeye » Sat May 04, 2013 3:00 pm

For those interested in some brief survey results, the target market looks like this:
Male
25-44 years old.
$50,000-$125,000 household income.
Skiing more than 25days each season.
Live less than 100miles from ski resort.
They are primarily frustrated with crowds, long drives, and lift lines.
They expect to pay $500-$1,000 for a pass with the features they desire.
They responded that private areas of the mountain, line-jumping, and early access were their most important features in an "exclusive" pass.
They ranked line-jumping, buddy passes, prime parking locations, private areas of the mountain and free demo gear the highest (in that order) of the predefined feature set that we provided.

This data is admittedly skewed since the survey responses were from those who frequent 14ers.com and TGR. However, the data is interesting nonetheless and should be OK to fulfill the project requirements. Thanks for the help!
"...cause I got changed by what I've been shown, more glory than the world has known, keeps me ramblin' on..." - Josh Garrels (Farther Along)

Previous