Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Season Pass at Breck

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Season Pass at Breck

Postby Tony1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:35 am

MuchosPixels wrote:Right now none of those ski areas are worth skiing at all and won't be for a while. Window ticket prices should be proportional to the amount of terrain open or on a scale related to it. Who the hell is gonna pay $100 a day (window price) to ski 2% of Vail. I mean, just the fact that a ski area has the audacity to charge their full price for only a fraction of their facilities and terrain is immoral at best.

I remember many people getting super pissed off with Steamboat late last season for doing this, when it started to warm up in the spring and many of Steamboat's runs melted, yet they were planning on charging over $100 for a day ticket until the season finished. That didn't fly well and I'm pretty sure when enough people complained, they lowered the prices.

Postby Massholeo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:59 am

I was out this year in terms of a pass but came across a good opportunity. I just got involved with is the NSCD at Winterpark. 10 days volunteering to help folks with disabilities learn to ski or board and you get a full season pass (or 5 days for a limited pass). Selfishly I'll admit the pass is what drew me in initially but it is shaping up to be a great, rewarding program working with these folks. Good people running the program, and good people involved across the program. I believe training is wrapping up soon, but I had heard they are short on volunteers so I would think they may have some flexibility and additional dates if they get more people wanting to help. Just a thought, I know I had lacked on extending myself to help others and seems like a good chance to do just that (and get a pass in the process). Info can be found at nscd.org I believe.... I can't confirm as my company has locked down the internet, though not 14ers.com....yet.

Postby cojeep » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:06 pm

$1950.00 at Telluride. Early season deals made it a little less but not significantly so.
Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell who the idiot is.

Postby ajkagy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 pm

http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby Vermont Refugee » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Stowe: $2055 after 10/31/2012 (Scary, huh?)
Sugarbush: $1599 for an All Mountain pass
$3800 for a "Fancy Pass" (reinforcing the reputation as "Mascara Mountain", I think this includes summer golf)
Jackson Hole: $1655 for the 'Grand Pass covering Grand Targee as well..

Capitalism unbound, gouge 'em if they haven't bought wisely. Ayn Rand would smile (and then make a pass at the Marketing Director)

Breck may have wind, Vail may have crowds on the weekends, but the local pass structure ain't bad (if it snows).
That's some catch that catch 22

Postby trent » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:14 pm

The art of procrastination - the last to commit the first to complain - perfect for someone else looking to capitalize.
Marketing dream

Previous