Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Vail gondola

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports
User avatar
Posts: 438
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: Vail gondola

Postby tommyboy360 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:20 am

jofkorn1037 wrote:I assume that anyone with anything bad to say about Breck, Vail, Keystone, BC, and/or ABasin will not be in my way on the lift lines this winter. Sweet........

More importantly, you will be queuing with the rest of the Denver horde and destination visitors at VR and not anywhere else. That's the point of the GTB and it's a good thing. Good luck on beating the system. You can win for an hour or two on a powder day which will be EPIC.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Online
User avatar
Posts: 7285
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:23 pm
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Vail gondola

Postby Jim Davies » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:03 pm

SKIBREC wrote:I guess its a love hate thing with VR

It's good that different people like different things. It keeps us from all standing in the same line at once. :)
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

User avatar
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:46 am
Location: Denver

Re: Vail gondola

Postby rickinco123 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Why don't you Vail haters go grab a latte, then walk down through the covered bridge and purchase a fir lined Bogner one piece ski suit and.............. just take it all in.


User avatar
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Vail gondola

Postby SkiBikeClimb99 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:50 pm

The bumps don't get much better than Highline, especially when you can rip some serious zipper lines and ski right up to your own personal chair lift on the most crowded Vail days.

Why all the Vail haters? Get over it. They're not going anywhere and quite frankly I don't mind paying $550 for a pass. I paid more for a Killington pass 13 years ago. If you're upset about crowds at the Vail resorts, then start hiking.

User avatar
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Crested Butte, CO

Re: Vail gondola

Postby ajkagy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:54 pm

SkiBikeClimb99 wrote:The bumps don't get much better than Highline, especially when you can rip some serious zipper lines and ski right up to your own personal chair lift on the most crowded Vail days.

Why all the Vail haters? Get over it. They're not going anywhere and quite frankly I don't mind paying $550 for a pass. I paid more for a Killington pass 13 years ago. If you're upset about crowds at the Vail resorts, then start hiking.


but you don't get it! VAIL SUCKS, everybody knows that

seriously though, the skiing isn't that bad and the shear amount of wide open space is pretty sweet, with plenty of fresh tracks on a pow day. Most people are turned off by the vibe, $25 parking and general lack of interesting/challenging terrain. Different strokes for different folks and the argument is beating a dead horse. Some think it's the best thing since sliced bread, others think it's the worst thing that ever happened to the ski world.

you pay $550 for a pass, but you also probably spend around $30 roundtrip + time driving i-70 for 1 ski day...that's a lot of $$ by the end of the season :-D
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

User avatar
Posts: 2688
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Glenwood Springs, CO

Re: Vail gondola

Postby cheeseburglar » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:04 am

I finally got around to reading this thread. Classic.
I'm glad I don't live on the front range. Thank you for reminding me of that.
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes

Re: Vail gondola

Postby lordhelmut » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:11 am

Different strokes for different folks and the argument is beating a dead horse


I'll happily beat that dead horse a little longer if it means sheerly to agitate and instigate Epic pass holders. I appreciate VR for what it is - The founding father of the Gaper Tractor Beam

User avatar
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Crested Butte, CO

Re: Vail gondola

Postby ajkagy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:16 am

lordhelmut wrote:
Different strokes for different folks and the argument is beating a dead horse


I'll happily beat that dead horse a little longer if it means sheerly to agitate and instigate Epic pass holders. I appreciate VR for what it is - The founding father of the Gaper Tractor Beam


hehe, they're easy to poke fun at, that's for sure. I always wondered why they attract so many newbies and gapers...maybe it's their endless endorsement in ski magazine?
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

User avatar
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Vail gondola

Postby SkiBikeClimb99 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:21 am

ajkagy wrote:
SkiBikeClimb99 wrote:The bumps don't get much better than Highline, especially when you can rip some serious zipper lines and ski right up to your own personal chair lift on the most crowded Vail days.

Why all the Vail haters? Get over it. They're not going anywhere and quite frankly I don't mind paying $550 for a pass. I paid more for a Killington pass 13 years ago. If you're upset about crowds at the Vail resorts, then start hiking.


but you don't get it! VAIL SUCKS, everybody knows that

seriously though, the skiing isn't that bad and the shear amount of wide open space is pretty sweet, with plenty of fresh tracks on a pow day. Most people are turned off by the vibe, $25 parking and general lack of interesting/challenging terrain. Different strokes for different folks and the argument is beating a dead horse. Some think it's the best thing since sliced bread, others think it's the worst thing that ever happened to the ski world.

you pay $550 for a pass, but you also probably spend around $30 roundtrip + time driving i-70 for 1 ski day...that's a lot of $$ by the end of the season :-D


So is CB going to get some decent snow this year? Just bought a 10-day card and hoping it pans out better this year. Had an x-card last year and was only on snow 3 days. The in-laws live on Elk, but I haven't yet received any snow updates from them.

Re: Vail gondola

Postby lordhelmut » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:24 am

ajkagy wrote:
lordhelmut wrote:
Different strokes for different folks and the argument is beating a dead horse


I'll happily beat that dead horse a little longer if it means sheerly to agitate and instigate Epic pass holders. I appreciate VR for what it is - The founding father of the Gaper Tractor Beam


hehe, they're easy to poke fun at, that's for sure. I always wondered why they attract so many newbies and gapers...maybe it's their endless endorsement in ski magazine?


Its why you live here.......

Image

User avatar
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Crested Butte, CO

Re: Vail gondola

Postby ajkagy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:25 am

SkiBikeClimb99 wrote:So is CB going to get some decent snow this year? Just bought a 10-day card and hoping it pans out better this year. Had an x-card last year and was only on snow 3 days. The in-laws live on Elk, but I haven't yet received any snow updates from them.


hoping at least it will be better than last year. The last few days were our first accumulation on the mountain and in town. I think Denver has gotten more snow than us so far this year :)
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests