Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

at work itchin to get out, need some help.

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

at work itchin to get out, need some help.

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Fri May 04, 2012 3:27 pm

So i am leaving on my dirtbike in 2 hours and heading to American basin to climb/ski handies via cinammon pass. I'm meeting up with some buds who are already there. Since I am on my bike i want to minimize weight. Obivously taking my skis (not bringing my AT setup), i'm debating whether or not to bring snowshoes AND/OR crampons. I should be arriving at the TH at 7 pm. Hopefully the snow is hard pack enough where i would NOT need snowshoes. Also, Tomorrow alpine start to catch a sunrise summit, i hope the hard pack will be sturdy enought for crampons to bite. If not I'll be post holeing and i won't be happy. Or will there even be enough snow to care? SO should I take cramps or snowshoes (prob not both), safe bet is shoes, but i would rather not ski down with them on my back. The only reason that i am asking is becuase i'm not taking my SUV (then i'd pack it all and decide at TH). Any suggestions from anyone that has been up that way? Bonus - the HUGE full moon rising over A. basin should be epic.

i typed this fast at work, so i hope it conveyed the right message.

cheers.

t
Climb up Pints down

Re: at work itchin to get out, need some help.

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Fri May 04, 2012 4:48 pm

ok, ok, i'll take a hot tub... Anyways, no takers.? Leaving in 30 minutes. Prob. just gunna play it safe and take the snowshoes.

cheers y'all.
Climb up Pints down