Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski partners for 13ers 14ers Front Range

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Ski partners for 13ers 14ers Front Range

Postby mitrik » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:07 pm

If you are looking for mid-week ski partners let everyone know on this forum! - Mike
Last edited by mitrik on Wed May 02, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Ski partners for 13ers 14ers Front Range

Postby mitrik » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:34 pm

--
Last edited by mitrik on Wed May 02, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mitrik » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Good coverage on Hagar and Dry Gulch area, view from Grizzly.
Attachments
IMG_5872-Hagar-Citadelw.JPG
Hagar and Citadel from Grizzly
IMG_5872-Hagar-Citadelw.JPG (108.07 KiB) Viewed 656 times

Postby mitrik » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:55 am

FYI: Conditions are A LOT BETTER NOW :))) The shitty ice is mostly covered up by a few inches of heavy butter-like snow. More snow tomorrow will help as well. Looking to ski maybe MON THUR or FRI next week. Not sure of work sched yet. Looking to get some 13ers or 14ers, day trips. I have scouted some already and have some lines in mind which I know are in now.

Postby FullertonImages » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:47 pm

mitrik wrote:FYI: Conditions are A LOT BETTER NOW :))) The shitty ice is mostly covered up by a few inches of heavy butter-like snow. More snow tomorrow will help as well. Looking to ski maybe MON THUR or FRI next week. Not sure of work sched yet. Looking to get some 13ers or 14ers, day trips. I have scouted some already and have some lines in mind which I know are in now.

Hey, I would love to get out and ski a modest objective. I'm a pretty new skier, but pretty ambitious. I skied when I was younger, and am just not getting back into it. I'm headed to the Tetons for 6 days of BC skiing in a 10 days, and would love to get in some more practice in before then. If you're game for heading out with someone who's not the strongest skier in the world, I'd love to partner up with you. I do have avalanche training and equipment.
Adventure Photographer - Staff Photographer for Backpacker Magazine and Climbing Magazine.

Fullerton Images Facebook Google+ Twitter

Postby mitrik » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:08 am

Next week maybe Hagar area, the angle may be about 30 deg+ but there are moderate lines to the right and left of the summit on shoulders which will have some great views. Also looking to do do Parnassus, Citadel, and Engelmann.

Postby FullertonImages » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks for the reply/email, mitrik! I would be totally in for that, except, I leave for the Tetons on Tuesday, and will probably be up to my ears in gear packing on monday. I would very much be into to skiing or mountaineering more thing when I can back. So, if there's still stuff to be done second half of May and into June, give me a holler. I'm a fairly strong climber, just not a strong skier.

Have fun on your outing!
Adventure Photographer - Staff Photographer for Backpacker Magazine and Climbing Magazine.

Fullerton Images Facebook Google+ Twitter

Postby dfrizzle » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:09 pm

anyone headed out tomorrow to ski? could be convinced to do a 14er ski in the sawatch range.
One foot in and one foot back, but it don't pay to live like that.
So I cut the ties and I jumped the tracks, for never to return.

Postby mitrik » Wed May 02, 2012 8:29 pm

FRIDAY MAY 4 - anyone for skiing: Buffalo Silverstar Couloir, Parnassus or Hagar?

Its possible to bag Parnassus and Bard in the same trip via the route im scouting. Both those faces are shaded so it can allow for a later start. bottom will melt out soon on a lot of these 13ers so now is the time to hit it and get a good amount of vert.

Text me if your interested. 518 935 0560 - Mike

Postby jmc5040 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for a partner to ski Dead Dog Couloir on Torreys on either 5/19 or 5/20, what ever day looks to be the better day. I snowboard, but am fairly fast paced hiking and climbing on snowshoes or crampons. I moved to Colorado last June so most of my spring backcountry skiing has been confined to New England as I moved from upstate New York. I've taken an AIARE level one avalanche class and have all the gear. I'm out of town until that weekend, but wanted to try and line something up. Send me a message if interested and we can talk more.

Regards,

Jordan
"My senses become heightened and the stresses of life fade with each step I take further from civilization. When I'm in the wilderness my brain and body work seamlessly together to do their finest work - a single flowing track down one of natures high peaks." - Jeremy Jones