Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Naxo Replacement Parts

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Naxo Replacement Parts

Postby E-dorvs » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:41 pm

So I know the Naxo's have been beating up pretty badly in the past on the forum so I realize the purchase made 4 years ago wasn't probably be best but I was going on price then. I have my positives/negatives of these bindings and they've held up pretty well up until yesterday. I wanted to know if anyone has had to replace any parts on the NX11's before, and, more specifically the toe piece? As I understand it Naxo is out of business so I'm looking for anyone that has found (if any) outfitters with replacement parts.

Yes, of course I would love to upgrade to Dynafits and new bindings and new skis but it's probably not in the cards this year. Just looking for any places to see if replacement is even possible right now.
"The solitary places do not seem quite lonely. At the gates of the forest, the surprised man of the world is forced to leave his city estimates of great and small, wise and foolish. The knapsack of custom falls off his back with the first step he makes into these precincts. Here is sanctity which shames our religions, and reality which discredits our heroes."
— Ralph Waldo Emersron, Nature.

Re: Naxo Replacement Parts

Postby coloradokevin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:55 pm

It might be tough to find replacement parts since Naxo has been out of business for a few seasons now. But, my best suggestion would be to contact a couple of the local ski shops to see what they can tell you. Have you tried Bentgate since you're there in Golden? I know those guys weren't too fond of the Naxo binding, but they might be able to give you some advice on your situations.

Alternatively, I know that Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder used to carry the Naxo binding line. There's a possibility that they might have spare parts, or some knowledge of how to fix your binding.

Anyway, whenever you do get around to doing the Dynafit switch, you won't regret it. I switched two years ago, and I love the comfort of touring on the Dynafits.

Postby CO Native » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:11 pm

You can find used sets on craigslist.
http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/2711793338.html
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com

Postby jam6880 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:19 pm

I have a pair of naxo that you can purchase from at little or no cost to you if you want. just PM me with your Ph #

Postby E-dorvs » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:26 am

Well, I had posted this before heading to any of the local shops as I had a ridiculously low expectation. However, Bent Gate comes through again! They happened to have a left over part that they were able to sell me for real cheap. (shameless plug for Bent Gate being awesome). And thanks for the offer Jam.
"The solitary places do not seem quite lonely. At the gates of the forest, the surprised man of the world is forced to leave his city estimates of great and small, wise and foolish. The knapsack of custom falls off his back with the first step he makes into these precincts. Here is sanctity which shames our religions, and reality which discredits our heroes."
— Ralph Waldo Emersron, Nature.