Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Turns close to Denver Monday

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Turns close to Denver Monday

Postby RJansen77 » Sat May 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Hey all!

I've just moved into town today and am hoping to get some Memorial Day Weekend turns in close to Denver on Monday, as tomorrow looks a little iffy. I'm not trying to ski a 14er just yet, but would love to drive up I-70 towards the pass to try and lay some corn tracks. Does anyone know how high up I'll have to go to get, say, 20 consecutive turns or more? Do Loveland, Copper etc. allow people to hike up once their closed? Any slopes along I-70 that are easily accessible? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
"But it doesn't matter if your in Valdez skiing out of a helicopter, or putzing around on a flat hill somewhere in Iowa. That adrenaline rush comes when you satisfy your most basic instinct, your own search for freedom."

-Warren Miller

I almost always wear a bathing suit when I climb. If you see me say hey!

Re: Turns close to Denver Monday

Postby PaliKona » Sat May 28, 2011 5:30 pm

ABasin is open, LL and Copper are on NF land, so yes, you can hike and ski those...also look at Berthoud Pass if you are backcountry savy and have the gear...

Re: Turns close to Denver Monday

Postby RJansen77 » Sun May 29, 2011 6:16 am

Great! I'll be sure to check them out...just hoping to get some turns in, I guess tomorrow as the weather looks better then.

Thanks!
"But it doesn't matter if your in Valdez skiing out of a helicopter, or putzing around on a flat hill somewhere in Iowa. That adrenaline rush comes when you satisfy your most basic instinct, your own search for freedom."

-Warren Miller

I almost always wear a bathing suit when I climb. If you see me say hey!