Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Skiing in SJ's or Elks this weekend?

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Skiing in SJ's or Elks this weekend?

Postby hberry » Tue May 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Anyone interested in some San Juan or Elks skiing on Saturday or Sunday this weekend? I have talked to some people via PM and will PM them again but I'd like to cross some new peaks of the list (assuming the snow is safe). I still have all of the Elks left and about half of the SJs left to summit.

(edit: Avy gear, training and decent skiing skills of course required for these mountains.)

Re: Skiing in SJ's or Elks this weekend?

Postby COBuckeye » Tue May 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Mike, I am strongly considering the N. Face on LaPlata if you are interested. I know, not in the SJ or Elks, but I figured I'd let you know.
"...cause I got changed by what I've been shown, more glory than the world has known, keeps me ramblin' on..." - Josh Garrels (Farther Along)

Postby hberry » Tue May 24, 2011 12:35 pm

COBuckeye wrote:Mike, I am strongly considering the N. Face on LaPlata if you are interested. I know, not in the SJ or Elks, but I figured I'd let you know.

What day are you thinking. I need to make my way to the Western Slope by Sunday PM

Postby COBuckeye » Tue May 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Sleeping in the car at the TH Friday night, starting at 3:00am Saturday.
"...cause I got changed by what I've been shown, more glory than the world has known, keeps me ramblin' on..." - Josh Garrels (Farther Along)