Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Skiing in SJ's or Elks this weekend?

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Skiing in SJ's or Elks this weekend?

Postby hberry » Tue May 24, 2011 11:25 am

Anyone interested in some San Juan or Elks skiing on Saturday or Sunday this weekend? I have talked to some people via PM and will PM them again but I'd like to cross some new peaks of the list (assuming the snow is safe). I still have all of the Elks left and about half of the SJs left to summit.

(edit: Avy gear, training and decent skiing skills of course required for these mountains.)

Re: Skiing in SJ's or Elks this weekend?

Postby COBuckeye » Tue May 24, 2011 11:28 am

Mike, I am strongly considering the N. Face on LaPlata if you are interested. I know, not in the SJ or Elks, but I figured I'd let you know.
"...cause I got changed by what I've been shown, more glory than the world has known, keeps me ramblin' on..." - Josh Garrels (Farther Along)

Postby hberry » Tue May 24, 2011 11:35 am

COBuckeye wrote:Mike, I am strongly considering the N. Face on LaPlata if you are interested. I know, not in the SJ or Elks, but I figured I'd let you know.

What day are you thinking. I need to make my way to the Western Slope by Sunday PM

Postby COBuckeye » Tue May 24, 2011 11:49 am

Sleeping in the car at the TH Friday night, starting at 3:00am Saturday.
"...cause I got changed by what I've been shown, more glory than the world has known, keeps me ramblin' on..." - Josh Garrels (Farther Along)