Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Congratulations to mbsc!

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Congratulations to mbsc!

Postby d_baker » Thu May 19, 2011 10:02 am

mtnbikerskierchick wrote:Thanks everyone for all of your comments! I really appreciate it. I have spent a lot of time and energy in getting this project done.

lostsheep5 wrote:So whats next on "the list"?

People have asked me this a lot and to be honest, I'm not sure. Some people suggest that, now that it's May, I should start riding bikes. But, I'm going to keep skiing, especially while the skiing is still good. And, it's still fantastic. I'll probably enjoy a year or so of having not too much of a goal- just doing what I want, when I want. I've wanted to spend some time in the Tetons and maybe even the Sierras and Cascades for quite some time now, but I haven't taken the time to travel much because I didn't want to "miss a good fourteener window". I also have a constant "wish list" that I am always adding to, and checking things off. It's in a constant state of flux which is nice because you always have something you want to ski next. Still, a constantly changing wish list is not the same as a pre-set list or goal. There is something so tangible and satisfying about counting down, not just checking off. I can't say right now that I'll return to a pre-set list or even what that list will be. But, I have some ideas. Either way, I'll be out there skiing- and enjoying every moment I get in the big mountains.

Nice accomplishment!
I also like your wish list....but where is White Rock? That line looks fun...

Postby sgladbach » Thu May 19, 2011 2:47 pm

tmathews wrote: Thanks, Frank! Also -- you're engaged? Sweet! Congrats to both of you! :D

gb wrote:^^ Thanks, yeah, 4 weeks away. Pretty excited about jumping out of a plane this weekend for my bachelor party, too! :D

Dang!!! ](*,) And I was just about to crank up the charm for my own move!! :-"
"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?

Postby SchralpTheGnar » Mon May 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Congratulations on an impressive accomplishment. You should be proud gb.

Postby gb » Mon May 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Proud for sure. Also, jumping out of planes is really really fun, FYI

Postby tmathews » Mon May 23, 2011 8:59 pm

gb wrote:Proud for sure. Also, jumping out of planes is really really fun, FYI

=D>

Did you do it solo or tandem??

Postby gb » Mon May 23, 2011 10:02 pm

tandem out of canon city. I always thought I would do solo, but tandems are cheaper and more freefall, so...

Previous