Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Cinnamon Pass/Grizzly Gulch

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Cinnamon Pass/Grizzly Gulch

Postby tmathews » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:49 am

Cinnamon Pass is now officially open. It looks like Engineer Pass is going to take another 10-12 days to clear.

Postby hberry » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:53 am

Sweet that's exciting news. Doesn't look like I'll make it down there in time to ski though :-(

Postby E-dorvs » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:01 pm

When you say cinnamon is open do you mean the full length from silverton to lake city. The reason I ask is I have only heard updates from the lake city side and the road/bridge people I called yesterday down here in the san juans (ouray side) said they haven't even started from their side. Thanks!

Postby tmathews » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:14 pm

E-dorvs wrote:When you say cinnamon is open do you mean the full length from silverton to lake city. The reason I ask is I have only heard updates from the lake city side and the road/bridge people I called yesterday down here in the san juans (ouray side) said they haven't even started from their side. Thanks!

Lake City Chamber of Commerce says it is open all the way through. Apparently, there are some high drifts on both sides of the road that could potentially fall and block it again (which would close the road until they get it cleared), but it's drivable as of this morning.

Postby Carl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:35 pm

tmathews wrote:
E-dorvs wrote:When you say cinnamon is open do you mean the full length from silverton to lake city. The reason I ask is I have only heard updates from the lake city side and the road/bridge people I called yesterday down here in the san juans (ouray side) said they haven't even started from their side. Thanks!

Lake City Chamber of Commerce says it is open all the way through. Apparently, there are some high drifts on both sides of the road that could potentially fall and block it again (which would close the road until they get it cleared), but it's drivable as of this morning.

Ouray website says Cinnamon is "open to the top." I assume this also means it's open beyond the top, i.e. to the other side.
http://www.ouraycolorado.com/Jeep+Road+Conditions

Previous