Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Climb/ski Mt Columbia 3/26

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Climb/ski Mt Columbia 3/26

Postby GerryRigged » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Is there anyone out there who didn't climb Columbia last week that would like to climb/ski it this Saturday?

Re: Climb/ski Mt Columbia 3/26

Postby trailsntales » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi Gerry,
Yes, I'm looking at climbing again. I attempted a day hike last weekend but didn't make the summit. I sent you a PM. What day are you looking at Sat or Sun?
Kay

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Kay,

Just wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting you and Don last weekend.

Sorry I haven't got a TR up yet - I'm about four reports behind. It got a little crazy meeting goals toward the end of winter - I'm still "digging out."

Take care, and well wishes for a safe and fun summit.

Jim

Postby trailsntales » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi Jim,
It was really great meeting you ... And all the others at camp and along the way. It was a very impressive
hiking-skiing gathering.
I have your photo..I will send it to you. I will post some of my other trip photos too. We missed the trail/tracks to Columbia and followed the main trail that the group took to Harvard. (They told us later at camp that most went to Harvard on Saturday). We felt it was getting too late to backtrack and attempt the summit so continued well into the basin toward Harvard. It was good recon and now I'm ready to grab that summit. I'm not too sure about the weather this weekend; still watching.
--Kay

Postby GerryRigged » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:32 pm

Any interested,

I tried to reply to this last night but was having trouble.
I am going. Id like to be on the trail by 6:00 at the latest.
The weather looks OK and the avi danger has decreased to low for the SW aspects. My only concern would be wind but it can't be any worse that last Saturday.

Gerry

Postby trailsntales » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Gerry,
I think I will pass this weekend, but will start planning for next weekend and see if weather improves a bit.
Be safe. Have fun.
Kay

Postby tmathews » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:07 am

Gerry, did you happen to lose anything on Columbia? I just got this note from Terri Horvath (you met her on the summit):

Could you pm him and let him know I found two orange BD straps on my way down? Pretty sure they would be his b/c the guys skiing Harvard were not down yet. I'm guessing they are from skins, but not really sure . . . he may not want/need them but I can throw them in the mail if he still wants them.

I'm posting it here rather than a PM in case they belong to anyone else. Send me a PM or an email and I can get you in touch with her.

Terry