Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Goodwin-Greene Hut Questions

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Goodwin-Greene Hut Questions

Postby hberry » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Hey All-

I am headed on a hut trip to the Goodwin-Greene hut this weekend and have heard rumors that there are some hot springs near by. I'm wondering if someone could (publicly or via PM) point me in the right direction from the hut to the hot springs?

Dawnson talks about it in his post from a long time ago here: http://www.wildsnow.com/236/braun-huts-and-friends-hut-loop/

Re: Goodwin-Greene Hut Questions

Postby Jon Frohlich » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:51 pm

I've seen an official map of all the springs in Colorado and there isn't one shown in that area. Are you sure this one really exists? The only one even remotely close to there is Conundrum.

Postby hberry » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm not sure they exist - people in my group have heard rumors that there are some - and Lou says there is in that article - but you never know if its fully true.

The article is from '06 and won't let me add a comment.

Postby kbmiller » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:28 pm

I've elk hunted all over the headwaters of Difficult/Bruin/Columbia creeks and have never encountered a hot spring in the area. It might be there, but I've never found it. The head of Bruin has a closed off mine with an ore cart in it -- kind of cool.

Postby hberry » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:01 am

We did not find a hot spring anywhere near the hut - but we didn't look to hard - the skiing was great!