Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

BEST place to ski and ride

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: BEST place to ski and ride

Postby rickinco123 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:30 pm

14erdude83 wrote:I totally agree with you view on the T-bar situation 100%, that is about the only thing i dislike about Mt. CB, if you want to hit teo bowl you have to ski all the back down to the base area/Silver Queen, as far as coverage, and maybe this is just this year but i have never seen coverage like this in cb minus the 07-08 season when we eclipsed the 400 inch mark for snow.

Never the less both mountains are a blast!

This is one of my favorite things about Crested Butte. There is some excellent weeding out of undesirable going on there. I love how if you fall off they make you go to the end of the line...... love it. Though not the ski area, Kebler Pass must get more snow than just about anywhere in Colorado.

Postby 14erdude83 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:59 pm

rickinco123 wrote:
14erdude83 wrote:I totally agree with you view on the T-bar situation 100%, that is about the only thing i dislike about Mt. CB, if you want to hit teo bowl you have to ski all the back down to the base area/Silver Queen, as far as coverage, and maybe this is just this year but i have never seen coverage like this in cb minus the 07-08 season when we eclipsed the 400 inch mark for snow.

Never the less both mountains are a blast!

This is one of my favorite things about Crested Butte. There is some excellent weeding out of undesirable going on there. I love how if you fall off they make you go to the end of the line...... love it. Though not the ski area, Kebler Pass must get more snow than just about anywhere in Colorado.

Irwin/Ruby Range and or Scarp ridge averages 600 plus inches a year in snow, that is "the" most snow accumulation in Co period....nothing but steep pow turns for days on end....if you havent been out there I highly suggest you contact CS Irwin for a snowcat trip, or if you dont have the money for that kind of excursion, you most definitely have to find someone with a snowmobile and get back there, its some of the deepest powder turns and best terrain in CO....period :mrgreen:

Postby ajkagy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:51 pm

just my 2 cents...

Inbounds CO

1. Silverton - terrain is killer
2. Crested Butte
3. Telluride
4. Highlands
5. Loveland - Proximity to front range, no crowds ever, always get more snow than a-basin, but i still love the basin.

14erdude83 wrote:Irwin/Ruby Range and or Scarp ridge averages 600 plus inches a year in snow, that is "the" most snow accumulation in Co period....nothing but steep pow turns for days on end....if you havent been out there I highly suggest you contact CS Irwin for a snowcat trip, or if you dont have the money for that kind of excursion, you most definitely have to find someone with a snowmobile and get back there, its some of the deepest powder turns and best terrain in CO....period :mrgreen:

Part of the reason why i'm moving to CB this summer, best and most snow in CO, not to mention the terrain selection available.
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Previous