Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

The Gnar!

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

The Gnar!

Postby Manky » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:45 am

Just wanted to share the link for this movie posted up on MP.com. Pretty good stuff! We could all use a little less seriousness!

http://unofficialnetworks.com/gnar/
Everything has changed, is changing and will continue to change...

Re: The Gnar!

Postby its_not_a_tuba » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:13 am

Manky wrote:Just wanted to share the link for this movie posted up on MP.com. Pretty good stuff! We could all use a little less seriousness!

http://unofficialnetworks.com/gnar/

I can't believe that Shane McConkey was a pro. I'm better than he was.

good stuff, hilarious even.
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson

Postby RobertPetrowsky » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:46 am

I would have auditioned naked.

Postby Carl » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Friends of Berthoud Pass and Friends of CAIC will be showing this movie on the big screen at the Oriental Thursday March 10 http://berthoudpass.org/gnar/

Raffle, beers, and saucer boy costume contest all in support of avalanche awareness and education... should be a good time.

Postby colorado yooper » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:57 pm

\:D/

What is the 14er version? Naked hiking the cog railway on Pikes? This is very do able...
Impromptu harmonica jam with 20 of your closest friends on Elbert... in June.
Wearing helmet, harness, full trad rack and plastic boots in the Sawatch in July?
Attaching one ludicris thing to the outside of your pack? I was thinking an 18inch Walmart wall clock with my turn around timeline going from green to yellow to red-
Passing a group of resting flatlanders and saying, "I'm the best climber on the mountain?"

What are your ideas to have very silly (yet safe) day in the mountains that you and others would remember fondly around a campfire?
To the High Crags!

Postby centrifuge » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:06 am

There needs to be a rock climbing version of this game! It might lighten up some of the egos a bit! :P
"i feel so extraordinary, somethings got a hold on me, I get this feeling I'm in motion, a sudden sence of liberty“ new order

Postby theo9805 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:29 am

before knowing what gnar meant, and after the first part of the movie, i thought gnar stood for - Get Naked And Ride - and i was afraid of what would come up next. i was pretty much right. haha looks like a good time

Postby ryguy79 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:54 pm

that was a great flick, thanks for sharing the link.