Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski Conditions: Quandary

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Ski Conditions: Quandary

Postby seth0687 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Just wondering if anyone has been making turns on Qaundary recently. I have been watching the CAIC website and things don't look that great at the moment. I was looking to climb Quandary and ski down with my wife in the next couple weeks. Any info would be greatly appreciated regarding weather outlook or current conditions.

Regards,

Seth

Re: Ski Conditions: Quandary

Postby EatinHardtack » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Wait a few days as there is a group going up this Saturday. You'll probably know conditions after.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Postby tylermacguire » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Weather outlook can be found here:

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/weather.php?ltype=1

Postby livetothemax96 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi, I am heading up with the saturday group and skiing it with some friends. We heard from somebody who was up a week or so ago and said that there was a good line down the east face (about a D3). There are a few exposed rocks but you only have to get off your skis for a little climb up to the trail. We'll be sure to post a report asap. The most recent ski report for Quandary is the line we are taking. Should be fun with some fresh powder.
whats life unless you live it?

Postby seth0687 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:29 am

Hey,

Thanks for the info and good luck on Saturday, I was hoping to hit that group up but work got in the way. Hope you guys have fun and I look forward to the TR's.

Seth