Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

10 th mountain huts

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

10 th mountain huts

Postby tharlow » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:14 am

Looking for some info on the best 10th mtn huts for intermediate to advanced terrain. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: 10 th mountain huts

Postby kaiman » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:59 am

It depends on what part of the state you are looking at going. Fowlard Hillard, Estin, and Janet's Cabin all have pretty good ski terrain around them. For more info you can visit: http://www.huts.org to read descriptions on all of cabins and the routes to get to them.

Have fun,

kaiman
"I want to keep the mountains clean of racism, religion and politics. In the mountains this should play no role."

- Joe Stettner

"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end."

- Edward Whymper

Postby illegal_smile » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:48 pm

most of the huts have all the terrain a beginner or advanced skier could want. having been to a number of the huts I'd have to say my favorite for terrain is the green-wilson hut, it's close to me, pretty easy to get to and has some great terrain for safe skiing as well as montezuma basin for some big and steep lines!

Postby RestlessLegSyndrome » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:57 pm

The Eiseman hut has some nice trees and some steeper stuff the further you go out too. The snow is notoriously deep too. From January 4th: Image