Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Free ski / board wax at REI for members

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Free ski / board wax at REI for members

Postby shaunster_co » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:06 am

Encase anyone doesn't know. Members can get a free ski or board wax at REI through 11/17.

Just an FYI \:D/

Re: Free ski / board wax at REI for members

Postby theo9805 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:19 am

Is that one per member? I'd like to get mine and the wife's done before season starts

Postby djkest » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:27 am

Wow, I so need this. And I just joined this year!
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

Postby shaunster_co » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:35 am

theo9805 wrote:Is that one per member? I'd like to get mine and the wife's done before season starts

I would imagine it's one per membership - but you would have to call to be sure..

I should clarify.... 'Free Wax at REI' this is for your Skis / snowboard'... I wouldn't want people to think it is a SPA for a free wax (like waxing your junk), and come back and flame me ... lol

Postby tmathews » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:03 am

shaunster_co wrote:
theo9805 wrote:Is that one per member? I'd like to get mine and the wife's done before season starts

I would imagine it's one per membership - but you would have to call to be sure..

I should clarify.... 'Free Wax at REI' this is for your Skis / snowboard'... I wouldn't want people to think it is a SPA for a free wax (like waxing your junk), and come back and flame me ... lol

I was hoping to wax nostalgic. :P

Postby Bean » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:21 am

Is it a machine-job or a proper hand wax? FYI, Ski & Golf has free machine waxings all the time. Or just buy a cheap waxing iron and a pound or two of wax and be set for years.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby shaunster_co » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Bean wrote:Is it a machine-job or a proper hand wax? FYI, Ski & Golf has free machine waxings all the time. Or just buy a cheap waxing iron and a pound or two of wax and be set for years.

Not sure what they will do this year - I just dropped my board off so I will report back on the 12th.

Last year they did a base grind, wax, edge tune, and even ptex on a digger I took (all free). They did an awesome job. They will not detune your edges (I have yet to see a place that does), but I have a stone and prefer to detune my edges anyway. It's not just a 'throw the board on the wax machine' - they do a pretty sweet job (at least at the Boulder REI). They can wax while you wait, but if you want the full deal you have to leave it with them for a few days.

Postby USAKeller » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:52 pm

shaunster_co wrote:

I would imagine it's one per membership - but you would have to call to be sure.

Yes, it is one per membership.
Rise and grind. Every day.