Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Friday, 9/24 - "Deeper" w/ Jeremy Jones (Fort Collins)

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Friday, 9/24 - "Deeper" w/ Jeremy Jones (Fort Collins)

Postby dholm » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:52 pm

I thought that some fellow 14ers.com members might enjoy checking this out...

Deeper.jpg
Deeper.jpg (12.79 KiB) Viewed 777 times

This Friday, September 24th, the CSU Outdoor Club is hosting Teton Gravity Research's new backcountry snowboard film DEEPER starring Jeremy Jones in the Lory Student Center Theater. The doors open at 7 PM and the film starts at 8 PM. The Clif Bar bus will be there and we will have some giveaways. A portion of the proceeds will be given to Protect Our Winters. http://protectourwinters.org/

Jeremy Jones will also be joining us!

Please considering coming out to support the CSU Outdoor Club and Teton Gravity Research in seeing this awesome film!

Here's a brief summary of the film:

"Legendary eight-time Big Mountain Rider of the Year winner Jeremy Jones and many other top freeriders including Jonaven Moore, Travis Rice and Xavier De La Rue travel to remote ranges around the world, attempting to push Big Mountain Riding to the next level. Follow Jeremy and his team as they travel to the world's snowboarding meccas and venture past the boundaries of helicopters, snowmobiles, and lifts to explore untouched real...ms. Hang on tight as Jeremy faces the biggest challenges he has ever encountered in snowboarding. All night hikes, sleeping on peaks, camping 65 miles from civilization, 20 below temperatures, 10 day storms, and 20 mile days bring the adventure back into riding. Deeper puts the viewer in the athletes' boots, from the trials and tribulations to mind-boggling breakthroughs in the sport of snowboarding."

Tickets can be purchased at Christy Sports, The Mountain Shop, online at http://www.tetongravity.com/tour/deeper/event.aspx?tid=703 (TGR's Deeper website), or through the CSU Outdoor Club. The Outdoor Club will be selling tickets for the rest of the week at the Flea Market across from the Bookstore on campus

Tickets are $10 presale and $12 at the door. (Cheaper than the Boulder show!)
Here is a map of campus and the Lory Student Center :
http://www.map.colostate.edu/map-right.aspx#68

Email csuoutdoorclub@gmail.com or check out our facebook page if you have any questions

See you there!

Re: Friday, 9/24 - "Deeper" w/ Jeremy Jones (Fort Collins)

Postby tommyboy360 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:37 pm

+1

Doubt I will will make it up to Fort Collins but Jones and TGR rocks. I've been following the filming of this first descent-backcountry-split board movie for the last 2 years. I already have my pre-order for blu-ray edition.

This blu-ray will fit nicely in my collection with STEEP and THAT's IT, THAT'S ALL. Regardless if you ski, board or only ski/ride park, this movie will be epic.

Definitely post a review and pics with Jeremy. He's a big time legend in my book.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby dholm » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:35 am

bump

Postby George James » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:32 am

Hey, that's tonight! Looking forward to it! :D
- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack
~ The Baron Von Bergschrund