Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Who has snow left

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Who has snow left

Postby hberry » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:06 pm

Hoping to get another round of skiing in this weekend - would like it to be on a 14er but if there is better snow somewhere else I'm happy to go. It looked like Rocky Mtn Natl Park still had decent snow when I was biking on Peak to Peak this weekend.

So...Where is the best snow in the state right now to ski?

Re: Who has snow left

Postby gb » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Skied refrigerator on Ice last weekend and I'd call it pretty well cooked. Same for lines here in the Elks- the snow that's left is really dirty and melting fast. The couple of TR's from in/near RMNP look a lot nicer than anything down this way. Stay safe- lots of hot days and poor/non-existent freezes = bad news.

Postby BIO_KNEE » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:25 pm

gb wrote:Skied refrigerator on Ice last weekend and I'd call it pretty well cooked. Same for lines here in the Elks- the snow that's left is really dirty and melting fast. The couple of TR's from in/near RMNP look a lot nicer than anything down this way. Stay safe- lots of hot days and poor/non-existent freezes = bad news.

I went up to Ice as well this weekend, how was the ski? I decided to bail and go for a stroll to Lake Ann instead.

Postby ajkagy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:29 pm

the indian peaks have really good snow still...skiied a few good lines there this last weekend
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby gb » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:53 pm

BIO_KNEE wrote:
I went up to Ice as well this weekend, how was the ski? I decided to bail and go for a stroll to Lake Ann instead.

It goes, but it isn't great- dirty sticky snow, some rockfall now on the snow surface, melting out in the narrowest section. I'd say save it for another year...

Postby skitexas » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:55 pm

snowy range was pretty corniced out last weekend, but as soon as they dropped (looking ready to deliver last friday), the range should be optimal for some summertime turns.