Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Slides on Torreys

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Slides on Torreys

Postby hberry » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:08 am

Lots of snow forecasted for that area tonight .... might be a hell of a climb with high danger...

Statement

An Avalanche Watch remains in effect through Saturday morning for the Front Range, Vail-Summit County, and Steamboat zones. Low pressure continues to strengthen over the Eastern Plains of Colorado. Wrap-around flow with abundant springtime moisture is generating heavy snowfall in the watch area. As of Friday morning, 2-5 inches of storm snow reported across much of the watch area, and 8 inches at Berthoud Pass. Snowfall continues into Saturday with up to two feet likely for the most favored areas east of the Continental Divide. If forecast snow verifies, then avalanche danger could become HIGH in the watch area on Saturday. We will re-evaluate Saturday morning and upgrade the watch to a warning if conditions warrant..

*edited to include CAIC info

Postby seekanddestroy99 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 pm

hberry wrote:I need to start finding skiing partners that are willing to get up Early Early Early and want to ski big lines :mrgreen: Current guy likes to drink drink drink and start at the crack of 9

Sounds like college! (and therefore all of my friends too)
www.jonjay.org

Radical Swedish Technical Outerwear, now in Colorado!
Cross Clothing

Postby hberry » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:39 pm

seekanddestroy99 wrote:
hberry wrote:I need to start finding skiing partners that are willing to get up Early Early Early and want to ski big lines :mrgreen: Current guy likes to drink drink drink and start at the crack of 9

Sounds like college! (and therefore all of my friends too)

Indeed - except that he's 31 - has a full time job building big big weapons and weapons related stuff for the government and should be able to not drink once or twice a month to get up early and ski.

I'm 24 - I should still be in "get crazy drunk and then get up early to hike mode" (oh wait I do that, just not when I want to ski down - 5 14ers summited with a severe hangover)

But...I digress - there is more than one person to ski the 14ers with

Previous