Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

VAIL's best day this year

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports
Site Administrator

VAIL's best day this year

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Ok, time to rub it in!
19" reported at the mid-mountain station and over 2' in the Back Bowls. Here's what you missed if you didn't call in "sick" today...

Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: VAIL's best day this year

Postby Presto » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:51 pm

:lol: Can you spell SNORKLE? :wink:
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby Carl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:08 pm

Guess I shouldn't have used my sick day on Friday for an 11 inch day. Nice pics Bill.

Postby BaronVonBergschrund » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:08 pm

Presto wrote::lol: Can you spell SNORKLE? :wink:

Oh, the ironing.
Baron Von Bergschrund
Remember, remember, the third of December.
Sharing wisdom on Rock Climbing, Climbing Shoes, Rappelling, Layering, Eddie Bauer, Pants, Helmets, Ropes, Ice Axes, Tri-Cams, Carabiners

Postby FCSquid » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:11 pm

One last blast at Copper tomorrow for me. There should be a line or two left, I'm hoping [-o<
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

Postby dubsho3000 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:31 pm

BaronVonBergschrund wrote:
Presto wrote::lol: Can you spell SNORKLE? :wink:

Oh, the ironing.

That is funny. Good catch.

And great pics. So jealous

Postby lordhelmut » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Bill,

You are a sick man, the teasing is not appreciated. Those are some ridiculous shots, way to enjoy it.

While I envy you right now, I'm sure the folks over in Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon might feel otherwise because those 48 hr totals are how much Altabird got monday night. If anyone had the pleasure of looking at Snowbird's 24 hour time lapse Snowcam, it not only covered the highest reading of 20 inches by midnight, but buried the camera and everything else in sight within hours.

Too bad all this snow is going to be severely sun baked by saturday. I'll be skiing the Boat in my underwear most likely.

Postby Presto » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:34 pm

by BaronVonBergschrund » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:08 pm

'Oh, the ironing.

I know ... my odd sense of humor at work (literally). :mrgreen: Just wanted to make sure dubsho3000 knows that I do know how to spell snorkel (it was a play on words 8) ).
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:40 pm

lordhelmut wrote:Bill,

You are a sick man, the teasing is not appreciated. Those are some ridiculous shots, way to enjoy it.

Sorry, I couldn't help it! I felt the need to share.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby covfrrider » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:42 pm

lordhelmut wrote: I'll be skiing the Boat in my underwear most likely.

Please do some ironing first. \:D/

Postby fleetmack » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:44 pm

oh to have not hurt my back on march 27th. beaver creek was calling my name today :( had to call it quits with only 27 days in this year :(
"Cynicism and ill-humored opinion have built a stronghold called the message board. Sweet mother of God, see a f***ing shrink, people."
--Corey Taylor

Postby hberry » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:51 pm

I was sick yesterday and skied the Beav!

It was the best day of the season and probably one of the best days I've skied ever. They reported 13 at 5 am, 17 at 9 am when I started skiing and 20 by the end of the ski day.

I am completely sore walking around the office today - not sure my legs would have allowed for me to ski again today.

Next