Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Spring Corn Harvest 2010

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Spring Corn Harvest 2010

Postby Mrwaffles989 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm looking at
- Several lines on Medicine Bow Peak, WY
- Mt. Zirkel
- Diamond Peaks - Nohku Crags
- Random peak on 125 between Granby and Gould
- Several front range teeners
- Huron, Belford, Oxford
- Dead Dog just for the hell of it
- Whatever else I feel like :D

I am very excited. As much as I love winter, I'm tired of all the considerable avalanche days and am ready for the spring season.

What are your spring skiing plans?

Re: Spring Corn Harvest 2010

Postby skiwall » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Mrwaffles989 wrote:What are your spring skiing plans?

Powder? :D

We're finally fixin' to get a 3 foot storm. Unfortunately I screwed myself this winter with classes, so I will be sitting at my desk playing with a radiative transfer model.
"A good woman knows her place is in the backcountry." - PW '08

Postby Mrwaffles989 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Touche. I actually got many face shots last weekend so I don't know why my mind is drifting to unnatural thoughts of spring.

Bummer about school. Radiative transfer sounds fun though... Ugh I have to do a giant loads project for structures sometime soon :cry:

Postby Pivvay » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:29 pm

No skiing but I'll be on a couloir binge for sure. Last year I was unavailable during prime snow season so this year I'll be taking advantage. I started typing the ones I'm planning but the list is long since I'm unemployed so I'll just go with most of the steep or mixed ones.

Postby anthonylebaron » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:54 pm

skiwall wrote:Unfortunately I screwed myself this winter with classes, so I will be sitting at my desk playing with a radiative transfer model.

I'll try to get in enough skiing for the both of us tomorrow. :twisted: Last time I checked the forecast they were saying 3-4 ft!!!!!

Postby Elliot » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Real hyped on the corn harvest, although there is a massive dust strom going on in the elks right now that will likely dammage our corn. Im thinking the San Juans are getting dusted as well.

Postby cheeseburglar » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:20 pm

Elliot wrote:Real hyped on the corn harvest, although there is a massive dust strom going on in the elks right now that will likely dammage our corn. Im thinking the San Juans are getting dusted as well.

I'm hoping that dusting stays south. Doesn't seem to have hit the northern Elks yet.
Forecast is for up to two feet... We'll see.
I was hoping to get a big line in on Friday, but I may stay away. I'm not sure things have set up yet.
I'll be up Sopris at least once this spring if that's on anybodies list, the more the merrier!
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes

Postby Elliot » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Lets hope so! Observed a dust layer that occured in the san juans before last thurs storm, down in silverton. not major like last years event.